Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
bob
Junior

Squid boats !!!

If anyone cares.5 Squid boats just north of moonlight beach
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Not squid boats, research boats...plans to extend outfall pipes in that area.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
jorluivil

Potato Potatoe
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
lbsurf2ca

I was wondering about that too

You sure they arent squiddies, They have had all lights on everynight for the past couple nights. 5 boats out last night and they are still here this morning. One seems to be a 50 foot charter boat.
lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
twinfin

research boats
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
StinkyMatt

Post BWE Dictionary

When will someone take the time to create a BWE dictionary? I love reading about the "dead bite" and seeing the photos a couple of weeks later with the YT. Or the "research boats" as you paddle your ass out there chasing that ball of bait and the trophy. It sure takes a few months to figure all this out. What happened to the "old" days when fisherman took pride sharing their knowledge and helping a brother out?

I hope to make it out there real soon before all the "research" balls swim away...
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
TCS

26 replies to this thread so far. 876 views. There are a few lurkers out there.

As to the hot bite, it doesn't always help to know about it. I think the guys who fish a lot catch more fish because they are better fishermen. It takes more than just being out there.

More frustrating than knowing there's a 'hot bite' and not being able to go is being out there during a hot bite and not being able to catch one. But it also provides motivation to go back out and try again.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
bob
Junior

I sure caused what I was hoping for. The plastic army is sure funny. You got played. This is a chess match. Ha Ha. It has to do with money. You guys are so far off of what I am doing. Who is to say I dont have something to gain from that post. When you make money from the ocean You learn how to fish. I have added internet fishing to my tackle box. Competition sucks... so does pay back. You are a small fish in a big sea.

I am a glowing green boat... hint hint
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I sure caused what I was hoping for. The plastic army is sure funny. You got played. This is a chess match. Ha Ha. It has to do with money. You guys are so far off of what I am doing. Who is to say I dont have something to gain from that post. When you make money from the ocean You learn how to fish. I have added internet fishing to my tackle box. Competition sucks... so does pay back. You are a small fish in a big sea.

Sorry we are big competition for you...

Take a hike.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
Gigafish

Everybody go fishing and STOP crying. Now that we know the research boats are out or keep crying.: yt:
It should be a great weekend
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
robmandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

I'm reminded of an old line from the Diceman "Are your names Neal and Bob, or is that like, what you do?"

I have hit LJ twice, once for the KFACA, once for the Moyer. No love other than a few macs and calico. I'm way up in LA. it's a 3 hour ride for me, and yes, I've been tipped off a few times but can't make the journey. Wish I could fish it more, but family, job, etc. Oh well. It's the crown jewel of kayak fishing. I should make the time though.

I've fought all along the way against the mlpa shit with these guys and to a man, they're the best people in the world. "playing them" is pure bullshit. you have no idea what could have happened to them, that their entire fishery was threatened. as it is, they're still getting screwed, but at least they salvaged something. whatever you have to gain is simply indulging your selfishness and is about as juvenile and stupid as can be. for money? what, you get $50 from your blue shirt friends to rub salt in our wounds?

as for hookup, my advice is "hookup" with "bob" and well, y'all can probably figure it out

I "lurk" mostly because well, I like to see them score the big fish and I can live a little through them. I got nothing but love and respect for the guys down there that can hit the water and make it happen, and only wish I lived closer.
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
bluesquids

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmandel View Post
I'm way up in LA. it's a 3 hour ride for me,
By the way...MUCH RESPECT to you and the other LA guys for coming down to the last Kearny Mesa MLPA meeting. I had to leave early to pick up the kids from minimum day dismissal but, when I heard your name called to the podeum... I told the guy next to me...I gotta stick around for this guy..he's got a lot of passion.

-Spearo Pete from past couple Islander trips.