Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2023, 10:59 AM   #1
Salty

SoCal Lingcod Solo Mission

My Sunday was free, but the usual crew could not make it on the water with me, so I went out solo. On the water by 5:30AM. Racked up some good karma by helping a pier fisherman retrieve an LED bobber that he had lost, then started looking for bait. Bait was tough to find, so I worked the shallows a bit with a luckycraft and came up with a stray bonito. Conditions were sloppy with the mix of windswell from the morning offshore flow. Eventually found bait in the form of some XL greenback and headed out past the 50-fathom curve. Very first drop on one of my spots resulted in exactly what I was looking for. Nice lingcod came in at 31". Started making my way back in around 8:30AM. Conditions cleaned up nicely so I worked some shallower spots on the way and found the sandbass were on the chew. Got 4 decent ones on the jig and released them all. Headed back in, had the truck loaded and was on my way home with some fresh ice in the killbag by 11:00AM. After so many long days out there, it's nice to have a day where everything goes exactly to plan. Got what I was looking for and wrapped up much earlier than expected!
Attached Images

Salty is offline   Reply With Quote