Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
Aaron&Julie

Staying out of the south river

Went to the pier for bait while still dark out. By the time it was light out we had plenty.
We wanted to avoid getting too far south and having to paddle against the persistent downhill current. With a bait high and low each, we headed straight out from the pier. Less than a mile in that direction, then we went south. On the way we saw surface activity and cast a jig and plug, resulting in a 1 lb bonie each. Once we made it past the "condo" we went in tight to try for 'buts to no avail. So we made our way back north, past the 1/2 day boats off of Point LJ. A couple of strikes along the way that seemed to be bass. Called it quits not too long after that, landing about noon.
The big treat for us was using our new toys, a pair of Cobra VHF radios (West Marine special for $79). Not too much going on this morning except a couple of yellows by the fortunate few. Small surf and beautiful weather.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
kareem korn

Thanks

Always a pleasure reading your reports, fish or no fish. I bought those same radios, and am glad they got a good review from someone repetable on the water. I have yet to use mine as a pair. Thanks again.

-Tim-
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
zeelaagee

Send a message via AIM to zeelaagee
I got stuck in that damn river last Friday- took me nearly 3 hours to paddle from Winansea to the launch- close to 11hrs on the water and only 1 fish to speak of (bonie- released)- had other bites but no hook ups. Launched at 4am and made bait easily for the first time- cat food and sabiki at the end of the pier. used the modified kitty litter bucket and a battery powered aerator to keep them alive- refreshed water by hand every so often- worked pretty well for the $15 bucks i spent at Cabela's.

I did see two guys with decent yt landings- one about 6am just outside of the pier- and another around 10.30 off the point and a bit south.

long day- my ass really hurt after that one.

going out tonight closer to home in Carlsbad- any recommendations? I was thinking from Swami's to the Reef.

Andy
zeelaagee is offline   Reply With Quote