Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
dc1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
I might be interested in trying this. I just wonder how much fishing there would be in that time. Nine miles of coastline, all the different kelp and beach locations... It would be like trying to fish the southern tip of San Clemente Island from a kayak in one day. I might be late getting back in...
I agree this will definitely be a all day trip. I'm thinking it will be around 7 am launch and get down to San O around 4 or 5. I'm looking to to the test to also see if this is something that might need to be done more towards the summer with a later sunset time
dc1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #22
madncrzydm

seeing as i paddle and not peddle it would deff be a trip for me but hey im always up for an adventure Im down for the test. Just let me know when. I would just have the wife drop me off at Dana then have her come pick me up at San o wish i could carry more than one kayak.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #23
dc1983

Come on someone wants to do this on the 10th. If not I will be launching from San Onofre (base side) and fishing the kelp just north of the state beach. Stopped there this morning there is a section where the waves don't break so easy launch.

Amish Ed when you were surfing did you ever see the group of Marines pting on the beach usual on Friday. That was last year though
Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #24
DanaPT

can you get me onto the base?
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #25
jruiz
Large Member

I'd be down closer to summer time
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
madncrzydm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
can you get me onto the base?
Just tell them your going to go surfing and they will let you on as long as your drivers licen. InInsurance and registration is good and if not I can I live down on base by oside though
Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #27
PapaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1983 View Post
I agree this will definitely be a all day trip. I'm thinking it will be around 7 am launch and get down to San O around 4 or 5. I'm looking to to the test to also see if this is something that might need to be done more towards the summer with a later sunset time
That might be a good idea since the time will change up one hour and the sun sets after 8pm then. That gives us time to really fish some spots and take it easy on the way down.

I have a pickup and can carry two kayaks, I also have an Outback fully rigged up if anyone wants to use it for the trip.

I can't do the 10th, how about the 17th?

Last edited by PapaDave; 02-27-2013 at 09:18 AM.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
cabojohn
PROBATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
We did this route years ago. Awful weather - go figure. That's about all I remember. Oh yeah, one of the crew lost a hatch cover and nearly sank in the rough conditions. If anyone else has a better memory of how we got it done, I hope they'll chime in. I loved every one of those PFA shuttle trips.
Good times PAL. Memory Lane...My Brother Loco Pescadores.
Eagle Eye almost sinking, Bing saying F' this and turning around at San Clemente...
Both times we did Dana Point to San'O were BRUTAL.
Windy, sloppy and nasty...about 12+ miles
Fantastic BBQ @ San'O when we all got there.
btw- the VERY best cerveza I ever had on the water...TWO of your Tecate's!!

I'd do another Dana to San'O Paddle~N~Fish fer sure!

*It worked well for us. Everyone meets up at Doheny EARLY, unloads kayaks & gear, caravan / drive cars to San'O. Carpool back to Doho...THE FUN BEGINS.

Last edited by cabojohn; 02-27-2013 at 02:39 PM.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #29
Kahouna

Couple additions. They might have Beach Club shut down when/if they start construction at the entrance to the beach. You will only be able to access through the state beach side. Saying you are there to surf without a sponser can result in some interesting comments and a u-turn. You might want to meet at the gate before heading down.

I've launched down there a few times and have the best luck by the blue crappers where the rocks are exposed on a low tide. I recommend a two foot swell or some brass clankers.
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #30
madncrzydm

if im not mistaken were launching out of DP and just landing at San O. Ive launched at san o before with 4-5 swells and got destroyed 3x lost a rod and gear then gave up but like i said I am down and boy will my ars be tired after that day....
Old 02-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #31
dc1983

I am in the middle of looking to buy a house and was told today by the boss there is to be no all day fishing trips. So this will have to be put on hold till she finds the house she loves. Lets hope for my sake its sooner than later
Old 02-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #32
Mr hooks

I might be interested pm me details. Live in north OC. Also might be Able to help out with Transpertation. Just for thought. Rich.
Mr hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
madncrzydm

I would be down tonrent a trailer to help out carry 5 or 6 yaks
Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #34
FLORIDA BOY!

How about kings harbor to cabrillo beach and fish the better (and open) areas. I think its 12 miles. Cabrillo beach is usually a soft landing.
FLORIDA BOY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #35
Matar
I am just me.

If the dates work I am good for either a steak bed truck or a 22' car trailer.
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote