Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-31-2022, 08:53 AM   #1
FISH11

La Jolla 8-29-2022 on the Solo Skiff another DoDo search.

Another trip to search for DoDos, got some different jigs to try and made sure to find and make live bait before heading out. Started heading to deeper water and found that the water temperature has increased in the last week and 74 degree water was not too far out. Unfortunately the were large sets of rollers and it kept getting worse. I was getting too much air going over them and had to slow down, so as not to make so many jumps that it was making flat landings and increasing the impact forces. After getting past 300' depth the conditions were getting worse and there was no signs of bird action or signs of large fish. I decided that it was going to get worse as the wind was picking up, making white caps everywhere. So with conditions getting worse, I decided to come in closer and fish La Jolla. Found some areas with good FF marks and used my Coltsniper to catch a few Bonitos. They were on the small side and all released. Sun came out and other than the messed up water surface, it was still a good day on the water. Can't change the weather, even when the forecast said it was not supposed to be so rough. Tight Lines, thanks for watching.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:51 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Friedman adventures boast Mahi 4 miles off the beach so I am glad to see you out there. Obviously not as easy as Friedman makes it out to be. At least you got a Bonita out of it. I was in San Diego last weekend for another funeral and swung by the landings before flying out. In retrospect should have swung by La Jolla beach instead. Better luck next venture.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote