Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-29-2017, 11:33 PM   #1
filipino_angler

palos verdes this saturday?

i am planning to try my luck and fish pv area this saturday morning if the wind/surf condition is good. i'll be launching at RAT beach or torrance beach early morning. anyone can join.

i am familiar with the area since i surf pv cove and RAT beach but i never fish palos verdes. everytime i surf i always see 3-5 boats fishing the kelp thats why i want to try to fish the spot. any reccomendations are welcome. thank you.

Last edited by filipino_angler; 05-29-2017 at 11:39 PM.
filipino_angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:50 AM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I am not familiar with where Rat Beach is but just be aware that there a fairly large MLPA no take zone off the peninsula. Just fishing close to the other sport boats does not guarantee that you are out of the zone. GPS coordinates are on the CDFW web site. Sorry if I am warning you about something you are already aware of but it gets very expensive if you are caught fishing in those zones.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
GTboosted

I'm fishing it in the afternoon since I launch from King Harbor. I want to try it out in twilight and it takes me about one hr to get there so the morning would be too early. I plan to launch around 4pm and fish pv from around 5pm to 9pm if the weather looks good...
Old 05-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Saba Slayer

Long way

That would be one hell of a paddle to the closed areas from RAT Beach...
Good Luck

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #5
GregAndrew

All kinds of options fishing PV. Bass and Rock Fish are pretty popular. This time of year they start to get into YT and WSB occasionally. If you are going to target the larger species, I would head straight to Haggartys and fish South toward Rocky Point. The Avalon wreck is a good spot in that stretch. But keep your eye on your FF the entire way. Bass you can fish all the way around.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
filipino_angler

yeah thats my plan. launched at RAT beach/hagggerty/torrance beach then peddle to rocky point
filipino_angler is offline   Reply With Quote