Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #21
kobra

Well earned beauty Jim.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #22
lamb

Jim, you're the trooper
I don't know how you can pull those over-nighters on the kayak. That really takes some serious endurance and skill. Stoked to see you're getting rewards!!!

Any thread that inspires Ken to say something or Danimal to chip in in astonishment... - I salute!

Wouldn't you like one of those...

I KNOW I WOULD!!!

Baaaah...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #23
kobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb View Post
Jim, you're the trooper
I don't know how you can pull those over-nighters on the kayak. That really takes some serious endurance and skill. Stoked to see you're getting rewards!!!

Any thread that inspires Ken to say something or Danimal to chip in in astonishment... - I salute!

Wouldn't you like one of those...

I KNOW I WOULD!!!

Baaaah...

You got that right Adi. Glad to see Kenny is still around.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #24
easyday

Awesome catch Jim, there is a reason you are always landing beasts.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #25
blitzburgh

Da-yumm!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #26
Deamon

I appreciate the replies. I jumped into this inshore yak fishing stuff kind of late three years ago (I'm 52). I know I'll only be able to bang it out this way for a couple more years so right now its balls to the wall trying to earn personal bests and fresh photos (check out my BWE photo album!). Someday I'll flip my nose at it saying..."I fished with some of the best dudes and had a great time doing it while I could...NO REGRETS!".

There were a few questions asked...
-Yes, caught a few days ago. 11pm fish...I use 65# braid and 40# flouro. It's almost overkill for WSB but every once in a while there's a larger fish and/or kelp to deal with.
-With squid, I use either a 5/0 or 7/0 wire circle hook (hasn't let me down yet!). As my rod sits in the holder, the drag is unusually loose to allow something powerful...like a seal or dolphin to just go on with their bad self without flipping me over (happened to me earlier this summer). I'm still not used to a loose drag but the circle hook just does its thing.

Brotha Roby...dude, come on.
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #27
philr21

Awesome!!! Love the dedication, it's something I would do. It's a hell of a catch, I've never gotten a WSB. Mind exporting some to Korea?

BTW... I ended up with some of that heat rash in my hobie the other day after it was raining and I was pedalling in the rain/wet clothing all day. Took like 4 days to heal, was pretty bad. Couldn't walk straight. What's the best cure for that.
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #28
easyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by philr21 View Post
Awesome!!! Love the dedication, it's something I would do. It's a hell of a catch, I've never gotten a WSB. Mind exporting some to Korea?

BTW... I ended up with some of that heat rash in my hobie the other day after it was raining and I was pedalling in the rain/wet clothing all day. Took like 4 days to heal, was pretty bad. Couldn't walk straight. What's the best cure for that.
Gold bong body powder will burn at first but it helps heal it. Used the crap out of that stuff in Afghanistan

Last edited by easyday; 10-08-2013 at 08:15 PM.
easyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #29
MrPatrick

Gold Bong!?!?!?
Is that the real reason for your Easy Day
Moniker?
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #30
easyday

Haha wow I hate typing on my phone....GOLD BOND
Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #31
TJones

congrats

i bought a super light pair of thermals from sport chalet ( the see through kind ). i even wear them in summer to wick away moisture . without them on , the waders on top of skin is like wearing a glad bag . when i am done and strip down the waders , i am completely dry . i don't have the problem with the rash anymore . apologies for diverting the spot light .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #32
philr21

Good info, thanks.

That pic of the two fish between your legs is awesome for sure....
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #33
Whizz Bang

Nicely Done!

3 Trips. One tow in. One big WSB....in October, well done. Very well done. I have fished many nights out there alone. They do occasionally pay off, they more often give you time to speculate on your place in this life, where you are at, where you want to go, and what you are. I respect anyone that does it. Period.

post script: asking stinky matt if he wanted to roll out with you, sounds alot like you having fun, and looking forward to yet another solo op. I do that too, to the same kind of guys.

Well done.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote