Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2015, 08:00 AM   #1
Rambo

Large 200LB blue fin in local SoCal water

http://www.10news.com/news/six-huge-...mpaign=fanpage
SAN DIEGO - You just don't see a sight like the one that happened Tuesday night at the docks in Point Loma.
"Everybody was so excited, just couldn't wait to get their bait out in the water," said Don Kuroye.

Kuroye and others took the overnight trip that left from Point Loma Sportfishing.

The group ended up pulling in six massive bluefin tuna from the Pacific Ocean, a few miles off the coast.

"I was exhausted, I think I fought it for close to an hour," said Kuroye.

Kuroye caught the biggest one. He said when it reached the surface, and he caught a glimpse, the entire group went crazy.

"Without using any terrible words, it was just like 'oh my God'," he said.

A catch like this is unheard of. Experienced fisherman couldn't explain it, saying it was just luck.

The fish the group caught are five, six and even seven times bigger than average bluefin tuna in San Diego.

"Around this time of year, it's about 30 to 50 pounds. How big are these? I think mine was around 175," said Kuroye.

A crowd gathered while they hoisted them up, cranking them off the ground to be weighed.

Kuroye's fish ended up tipping the scales at nearly 200 pounds.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #2
Rambo

Image of the deck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2015-07-30-09-06-53.jpg (47.4 KB, 255 views)
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
cesar74

It's the radiation from Japan. Send me some fish & I'll test it for you for free.
cesar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
summers in kuwait

thats ridiculous. What a catch!
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
taggermike

Quality righ there. Maybe once a decade we might see big eye tuna in our waters but aside from that we just don't have tuna that size. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #6
FISH11

That's an incredible deck picture. Those fish are just awesome.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Looks like the deck on a red rooster 16 day. Wow!!!
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:48 PM   #8
Dannowar

I was paddy hopping the other day and while I was working a dorado I got walled by 100 pounders. Pretty insane
Old 07-31-2015, 01:52 AM   #9
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
If I'm not mistaken, those were Bluefin, caught on the "New Lo-Ann" in U.S. waters on an overnight trip. One weighed out at 197# and the next biggest weighed out at 137#. My understanding is that they could have had more (150-200#'s) except for the fact most passengers hadn't brought any heavy gear, 40-50# outfits were getting spooled! They had back-to-back trips where they located a school of "cows". On one of the trips (the first I believe) they had a busted rod and equipment issues on at least 6-12 fish. They went 0-for on that trip, they did bring home a couple about 75-100#. They recommend bringing at least one 60-80# outfit for these toads, they're (Capt. and crew) complaining that even 60# gear doesn't always work out!
I can't wait to see what size Bigeye show up and when.
I gots to head to the shop to load up my 50W with 100# and replace the bearings on a few of the roller guides on my 60-80-100# rods.
I can tell you one thing, I'd love to be out there on the water if someone hooked up one of those from a kayak! That would be one heck of a "sleigh ride" !
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote