Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2020, 04:49 AM   #1
DanaPT

Take care...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/poigna...moments-report

I guess this is real. I enjoy hearing fish stories and launch landing fails. I hear from time to time about the crazy things we may not normally do, except when we are jonesing to fish.

Stay safe and remember the ocean doesn't care.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Damn. This sucks! I would hate to be his friend who he blamed for his death.

I'm telling ya, you have to keep these suckers on a game clip until just before you drop them in the frying pan.(Rossman)
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:35 AM   #3
Baja_Traveler

The lesson here is, if you are in trouble - spend your resources calling for or seeking help - not posting on Facebook! Too many stupid moves here to mention.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
YakDout
Brandon

Ya if he had cell phone signal to post that why didn’t he call someone to send help. Also, he didn’t seem that far from land. He just gave up on his life because he didn’t want to turn around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #5
chris138
donkey roper

Anyone who has been on the ocean a long time has been in a situation that escalated quickly to life threatening level. If you look at his FB page, he was launching into calm ankle slappers. And as you mention he appeared close to land... But I'm sure those of us have been to G-Bay or anywhere on the sea of cortes realize that you could be 1/4 mile from land when 30 kt offshores hit you, you aren't getting in no matter what you do. Sure there's lots of things he and his friends could've done differently. But they didn't. We should learn from that, but let's not disrespect the man.

Rest in Peace Jeremy Peter Worthy!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:18 PM   #6
filippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Anyone who has been on the ocean a long time has been in a situation that escalated quickly to life threatening level. If you look at his FB page, he was launching into calm ankle slappers. And as you mention he appeared close to land... But I'm sure those of us have been to G-Bay or anywhere on the sea of cortes realize that you could be 1/4 mile from land when 30 kt offshores hit you, you aren't getting in no matter what you do. Sure there's lots of things he and his friends could've done differently. But they didn't. We should learn from that, but let's not disrespect the man.

Rest in Peace Jeremy Peter Worthy!
+1
filippo is offline   Reply With Quote