Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-07-2014, 08:47 AM   #21
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
We all know the real reason that fishing licenses are not connected to DL right?

$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get pulled over by a police officer and you dont have your license the police officer can look up your license. However, there is a really good chance you will get a ticket for driving without a license.

How willl going fight that one in court?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #22
Jrob
Junior

Go to court. Show the judge you had a license at the time of the incident, just not in your possession. Judge may dismiss case or reduce fine.
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #23
FISH11

Sucks you'll have to pay a fine but as jorge posted the law says to "have it in your immidiate possession while fishing". As soon as I buy my new one I put it in the inside pastic pocket of my tackle bag. That way anytime I go fishing with or without the kayak that license is with me and also not exposed to the sun or it will turn black same as a hunting license. The good thing is it shouldn't cost you much when you show proof of the license. The reason they check is because there are a lot of people who don't buy a license. The thing I wished is when they catch those people is that they could have the proof immidiately available so they would confiscate all their gear plus give them a ticket requiring court apperance. The DFG guys are just doing their job and hopefully catching all the jerks that are fishing illegally or poching.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #24
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
Lol suks when they have to do their job
Yeah some job, just reminds you how free we really ARE NOT in this country! Pay the tax to fish ( aka fishing license), or get fined! It's just a way to justify more government jobs!

Or fish the pier for free and 99 % of those people take whatever they want home legal or not, they don't care.

It's just upsetting seeing a legit fishermen, who made a simple mistake of forgetting it in his car and he gets screwed.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #25
momo fish

I hear Cuba has awesome fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Yeah some job, just reminds you how free we really ARE NOT in this country! Pay the tax to fish ( aka fishing license), or get fined! It's just a way to justify more government jobs!

Or fish the pier for free and 99 % of those people take whatever they want home legal or not, they don't care.

It's just upsetting seeing a legit fishermen, who made a simple mistake of forgetting it in his car and he gets screwed.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #26
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Funny...

Here's some comedy, since most people can't handle the truth...

http://youtu.be/CGTvWkmEAtM
Old 07-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #27
KirkG.

Don't "fight" the ticket but take your license to court and just throw yourself on the mercy of the court. Happens all the time, "I have a license, just forgot it in my truck that day your Honor" Many times the Judge will at least reduce the fine.
KirkG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:03 PM   #28
dorado50

I have a vacation home in a third world country. I like it here because there are fewer laws governing my actions, like being able to ride my atv on any beach and being able to let my dog run free, as examples. There are draw backs of course, you need a fishing license to fish! And it must be in possession!. My permanent residence will always be in La Jolla.....I love the USA, and all its freedoms. I just hate the aholes that run our constitution into the ground.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #29
Vansmack
Junior

Is it really reasonable to think DFG Wardens must help us prove we bought the fishing/hunting license? We are required by law to have them in our immediate possession. If it was that easy/convenient to do then no one would have to carry their license. Ever. I know it sucks, but that's one of the thing we need to make sure we bring with us. If you forgot nearly any other piece of gear you wouldn't be fishing.

Pretty funny, the OC court lists fishing without a license as an example of a non traffic infraction.
http://www.occourts.org/self-help/infraction/

Too bad you can't do a Trail by Declaration as you can for CVC infractions.
Schedule court and call in sick that day! And good luck!!!
Vansmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #30
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
I have a vacation home in a third world country. I like it here because there are fewer laws governing my actions, like being able to ride my atv on any beach and being able to let my dog run free, as examples. There are draw backs of course, you need a fishing license to fish! And it must be in possession!. My permanent residence will always be in La Jolla.....I love the USA, and all its freedoms. I just hate the aholes that run our constitution into the ground.
You may want to prepare that vacation home as your permanent residence, because we're on the verge of becoming a third world nation. Just yesterday, S Korea and China made trade agreements to bypass the dollar, that makes over 20 countries this year to make trade agreements to bypass the dollar. We killed Gaddafi after his sales of oil in gold and dinars, we killed Suddam for selling oil in euros, we placed sanctions on Iran, and Russia this year for oil agreements bypassing the dollar. And the countries we've had embargo on for years ( Cuba, N Korea, and Iran), guess what, they've never been on the pedro dollar.
Once we are no longer the world reserve currency, we're screwed with a capital "F".
FACTA went into effect July 1st, but the IRS is giving a two year grace period, so we won't feel those effects until Obama is out of office.

Not to mention the National Defense Authorization Act basically voids the Constitution completely, turning the President into a Dictator. So don't be surprised when martial law goes into effect, suspension of habeas corpeus, and we're thrown into the FEMA camps.

Just a heads up, but enjoy your freedoms folks!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #31
dorado50

thanks for the lecture......why are you still here???????????

by the way you do know of ohbama's secret army of 250,000 strong right?
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #32
rayster
Junior

The big problem is that the DMV and DFW computers do not talk to each other. You would think that when you run a Drivers License it would show what vehicles are also registered to that person but it does not you have to run it on a different screen.
rayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #33
jorluivil

Popcorn is almost done

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #34
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Popcorn is almost done
Do NOT forget the butter.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #35
StinkyMatt

I googled this:

One way tickets to more "understanding" country $598.99

Small investment to be really free. That Obama guy is out to get you.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #36
Rambo

I'm not too worry about the ticket guys because I have a fishing license to show proof but just the fact I got one because I left it in the car after doing a twilight charter. Usually the license stays in the center storage in my kayak. It'll be just like a fix it ticket. Show proof n case dismissed but pay the correction fee. Just like the DFG said.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #37
FISH11

Yeah you'll be OK. I just keep my license in my tackle bag, that way it's not one more thing in the wallet, but I'll have it whether I'm kayak, shore or boat fishing. Good Luck
Old 07-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #38
Vikingj

If you have the time it can be worth it going to court. I made a careless mistake and received a violation for over $500 (lobster was just legal when I measured otw but shrunk 1/32" when DF&G measured it!). It took me 3 1/2hrs to get before a judge and plead "no contest" (which is the same as "guilty" but sounds cooler). Judge charged me a fine/court cost of $125. I figured I made about $100 an hour for time spent. Good luck.
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #39
easyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Cuba does have some awesome fishing I was there for 6 months when I was in the Marine Corps, absolutely massive tarpon. Those things were so easy to catch wish I had a kayak there.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #40
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Cuba does have some awesome fishing I was there for 6 months when I was in the Marine Corps, absolutely massive tarpon. Those things were so easy to catch wish I had a kayak there.

You GITMO guys kill me, you had all the fun.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote