Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
toby

Mt. Evans Trout Fishing, Idaho Springs, Co.

I'm on vacation in Denver CO. Being the stud I am I decided to teach the wife how to fish. A couple months back, Handyman SD shared the Mount Evans Trout fishing business in Idaho Springs CO where he spent some of his years growing up. We headed up the I-70 into the Rockies. My wife's a London girl and only knows I go fishing and never bring anythiing back, but I always need money for new gear. I give the lesson on casting with the only two or three explanations there are for casting. She doesn't seem to confident. So I throw the first two cast and let her hold the pole and the float.

I decide she has to cast this time! She leans back and whips the pole like she is casting to San Diego, but didn't release the button. Next try starts the same. This time she releases the button and low and behold she caught a big one, me!!! Luckily I only got hooked in the pocket. Over all she landed two rainbows, one twelve inches long and one 1lb. 12 ounces. I caught one about 8 inches.

That's the last time I ever take her fishin'. She caught more fish than me and tried to collect the insurance money.

No seriously time with the wife, priceless.

See Ya soon.,
toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
Handymansd
Ancient Member

I am glad you got to go see the beauty of the Rockies, especially that area! It really is a beautiful and pristine place to go, sitting on the side of a 14,250 ft hill with nothin to do but fish... I need to get back out there sometime! I'm sorry the wife embarrassed ya... twice...but being there makes it all worth it!
Cheers
http://www.mtevanstroutfishing.com/

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
ChefT

Chillin fishing with the wife in the rockies.....

Wake me up im DREAMING....
ChefT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
toby

We had a great time. It's beautiful here right now.
toby is offline   Reply With Quote