Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

August 12

Well launched right at gray light and headed to the pier for almost non-existant bait, finally got some small smelt and some HUGE macks on a sabiki tipped with some halibut remains. While making bait I decided to drop a bottom bait down and hope that some flatness might appear, as soon as my bait goes down my clicker starts doing the click, click, stop little clicks run, whick immediately has me thinking halibut. After about 40 seconds i bear down and set the hook and the run begins..... after 2 hard runs up comes the prehistoric!! Freekin' shovelnose! After about 10 minutes I flop him on the boat and get the hook out and release him to go maul someone else's bait. Finally start heading north and doing slow paddles and stops hoping for a real halibut, an hour or two later my bottom rig just goes screaming off!!! Has me thinking positive thoughts of right kind, until the circles start, freaking shark?! NOPE Huge ray, get it to the boat and try not to get stung or hit with the rather menacing tail it keeps wagging in my direction....thinking of the crocodile hunter the entire time and how much that would suck.... well finally unhook him and am kind of over it. Drop my last bait down for a raking about an hour later, none of the right kind for me today but always a nice day if your fishing!! Heading off to parts unknown soon looking for the right kind!! Hopefully my persistence will pay off!! Andy nice meeting you out there, Dan W. always good fishing with you, Maggie darn nice to meet you!!

Matt F.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote