Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
fknricter

repainted a surface iron

i got some jigs from a dude on ebay for a good price, some were pretty new, a couple swim real nice!, and a couple were beat up. one had a pea size spot of paint left, and was all corroded, the hook broke off when i put a little pressure on it. kinda looked like it was in the ocean for a year or two! (forgot to take a before picture) so i lightly sanded all the white corrosion off the jig and repainted it! was going for a classic blue and white color, but while at home depot i went for the metallic blue! looked cool and was .50 cents more or so.. when i got home i noticed that my white spray paint was actually gray, so gray and blue it is!! (figure if i didnt like it id just re-do it..) added a little red for fun and added the 7/0 siwash hook. curious to see the action with the siwash, but i figure it'll be nice for cuda fishing when they're thick.

i have another one from that lot that could be redone, but not sure what color and siwash or treble. hmmmm..
Old 01-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
blitzburgh

That looks pretty dag-gone good to me. I like the touch of red at the tip. Did you use rustoleum?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
fknricter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
That looks pretty dag-gone good to me. I like the touch of red at the tip. Did you use rustoleum?
thnx! the blue and red are, not sure what the gray was. i guess we'll see how long it lasts!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
mtnbykr2

Looks like a winner, good job on the recycle...why not? I do...plus it brings out one's creativity...plus when you catch one on it it will be cool...
Old 01-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
kobra

Nice job Mikey. Looks pretty cool.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

nice I was going to get out the airbrush this weekend but I may just go with the reliable rattle can after seeing your work.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote