Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Irishman

Mission Bay 6:30am - 12:45pm

Covered a lot of water this morning, for zero, zip, nada. Launched at Mariners Basin and paddled to the bait barge, from there to half way out to the jetty. Drifted back in with lively bait on the bottom and throwing plastics, went all the way from the jetty to under and past Ingraham bridge. Tide is now slowly going out so I decide to paddle with the tide against the wind to back out where I started from....nothing. So now I get to drift with the wind against the tide back to Mariners Basin....still nothing.
This must mean next time I'll load up on a nice fish. Still jonesing to hit La Jolla but the size of the South Swell kept me in Mission Bay. I still have tomorrow and possibly Monday morning. Nice to chat with the fellow paddlers
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
todd one

I tried to get the stink off after I left you, but it never happened. I saw a big Yellow and a big WSB at the launch ramp. They both came from La Jolla. I have to get out the soon.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
yakety-yak
D-T-B

when i was in sd i would only fish mission bay at low tide. there was always something ready to bite my swimbait near patches of eelgrass
yakety-yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
todd one

Yeah, I usually do real well there. Today was the first time I've been totally skunked in the bay in the two years I've been kayak fishing. Going to try to redeem myself in the SD bay in the morning. I'll be around the Coronado Bridge.
todd one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Scion619

It wasn't bad for me out there yesterday no keepers but I managed (5) butts (1) corvina (1) bass (1) butterfly ray
Scion619 is offline   Reply With Quote