Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
LBKayakDude

LJ 11/7

Nothing too exciting here. Saw some other guys come in with fish but none for us. Me and buddy launched about 6:30. We're still pretty newbyish just fyi

No fish finder but we did get bait pretty easily. Equal mix of greens and spanish. Only problem was the greenbacks were 10- 14" monsters. I knew this would be a problem.

We head out to flyline. Seals being the usual shitheads and lost a few baits then my reel did the scream. Give it a few good seconds to eat it but the bait was just too big and I ended up reeling it back in with just a bunch of scrapes and bites. This happened two more times. One of them stayed on for about a minute. Felt like a big big yellow but then the hook popped out. I think I barely had him on. I'd even feel the fish get spit out, slack line, then they'd come and hit it again...

All in all it was only my second time to la jolla so it could have been worse, atleast I had a few bites. We ended up about 4 miles out by the end of the day. Strong current and some constant, light offshore winds made it a LONG hard paddle back in. It definitely felt like a fishy day and if things had gone a little differently I might have some yt pics. Lessons learned and I hope to try it again.

Tight lines!
LBKayakDude is offline   Reply With Quote