Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #1
Mickey & Mallory

La Jolla 4-14-06

Got out today late 7amish. Couldnt make bait, thanks to Dennis for saving the day. Slow conditions, heard of one WSB broken off, nada mas. Water was dirty, current wasnt ripping as strong. I think this is Randy landing.

Took the little lady with me. A good paddle in the early AM, nice weather, turned windy, and dark.

Next time matching outfits... ops: :lol:

M & M
Old 04-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
aguachico

Fishing again!!!

Glad too see you got off before the storm hit.

AC
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Dennis

Chris, no worries. The wind picked up, it sprinkled, and then the rain came down. And the tourist were STILL heading out :shock: .
We fished a little while longer, and got picked up on the bottom. Maybe a ling, or something. I caught two calico, one on the bucktail and the other on the sabiki. Off the water at 1100. Hey Art, congrats again on the fish yesterday afternoon.
-D
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
Slay Rider

La Jolla Shores - Good Friday

La Jolla Shores - Good Friday

Hey Chris, heard you on the radio but never saw you on the water, so if it’s all right, I’ll add my observations to yours.

On Thursday morning the magician opted out, stating cosmic forces indicating evil wind’s arrival by 10:00. And our long-time associate’s prediction wasn’t far off.

Launched at 3:30am with my favorite cousin Randy. He greeted me on the street and told of good ramp conditions but I explained I always cart my sled to the pond for personal reasons. Randy pondered this idea for a second and responded “ We are all different and it’s all good” or something to that effect. Some LJ regulars we just kind of put up with while others we truly enjoy.

Randy and Rick are two who’s on the water company I have always genuinely enjoyed. Just short of the pier Randy was stopped by a pod of milling dolphin and a sense of bait below. I paddled on, to the pier lights where (2) green backs were tubed for transport out to the bump.

The fisherman grins with happiness - if only for a moment.

It was a beautiful sunrise and you would never have known a storm approach. Rick hooked up with a WSB - fought it for five minutes or longer before breaking his line.

An onshore wind brought a pair of fish to fire and kayaks back to shore. Rain drops were falling by 11:00.

Tomorrow is another day and another chance for a fisherman’s grin of happiness.
SR
Old 04-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
GBF

I love sculpin!!

GBF