Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Free Prowler 13

Well, after 12 years of faithful service, I have upgraded from my Prowler 13 to a Trident 13.

I would like to get rid of my Prowler while giving one of our local heroes a chance to get into this great sport. Here's the deal. I will give away totally free of charge my Prowler 13, including seat and paddle and various other add ons to the first active duty military person who wants it and is able to get to Mission Viejo to pick it up.

As mentioned before, she is about 12 years old and well used. She is not too pretty but entirely sea worthy, and water tight. She is plumbed and wired for a bait tank, including an in hull 500 gpm Tsunami pump, if you have the desire to build a bait tank. She has the normal built in rod holders and one Scotty mount and one Ram mount should you have the desire to add more holders or sonar. As on many of the early Prowlers, I developed some pin hole leaks in the keel area from dragging it over sand and gravel. After several repairs by plastic welding, which only worked for a while, I finally fixed it by applying aircraft grade carbon fiber and epoxy on the keel. Now, when dragging it over , it scratches the asphalt.

I want to give a very special thanks to Andy (Iceman) at OEX. I was at his shop getting some rigging done on my new sled and mentioned my plan to give my old one to a local hero, he was quick to donate a seat and paddle to this deal. I will add that he didn't just grab them off the top of his rental seats and paddles. He spent some time digging through his used inventory to pick the ones that would best suit a kayak fisherman.

If you are and active duty service person and want this Prowler 13, and can come pick it up in Mission Viejo in the next couple days, PM me or text or call me at 949-306-2581.

Here's some pics.
IMG_0784.jpg
IMG_0785.jpg
IMG_0786.jpg
IMG_0787.jpg
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote