Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Waterís Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Waterís Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
jruiz
Large Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: La Verne, CA
Posts: 853
How to make a kayak fishing video

This guy makes me want to fish. Someone give him a fishing show.

https://youtu.be/W1_ORqDHIhM
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
TJones
Senior Member
 
TJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,146
WtH?

Is this a fresh vid? . Heck, I was beginning to think it was a slow year? You are still The Man. hope to see you on the water next year.

Last edited by TJones; 07-01-2019 at 02:19 PM.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
TJones
Senior Member
 
TJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,146
you and me both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
This guy makes me want to fish. Someone give him a fishing show.

https://youtu.be/W1_ORqDHIhM
Normally this guy will be throwing 30's and 40's on deck before you ever knew what happened. This is a good year. F'ck, I hate my friends. Lazy b' terd's.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
bolocop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 319
seen him out. Catches a lot of fish.

It's been a good year...
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #5
TJones
Senior Member
 
TJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,146
Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolocop View Post
seen him out. Catches a lot of fish.

It's been a good year...
Not a dang scratch on my new license yet. Hooping last year was last time on water. smh.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #6
Ed.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
That video was from 2015. Itís been declining the past 4 years. Donít feel bad, itís been an extra hard struggle these past couple of years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #7
bolocop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
That video was from 2015. Itís been declining the past 4 years. Donít feel bad, itís been an extra hard struggle these past couple of years.
Uh, while not like el nino years this guy has continued to release more 20-40 pounders than many have caught.

Saw him at the launch today but have no idea how he did. His most recent videos are within 3 months old.
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:23 PM   #8
Ed.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolocop View Post
Uh, while not like el nino years this guy has continued to release more 20-40 pounders than many have caught.

Saw him at the launch today but have no idea how he did. His most recent videos are within 3 months old.
Doesn’t make the video any newer
�� awww did you get his number?

Last edited by Ed.; 07-02-2019 at 09:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:47 AM   #9
bolocop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
Doesnít make the video any newer
�� awww did you get his number?
Cry baby can't catch a fish because it's not El nino. "It's been slow the past 4 years...". Whaaaa!

Like the dude's videos, I have caught plenty of fish, so stop being so butt-hurt and complaining it's been slow. You're bitter and it shows.
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #10
Ed.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolocop View Post
Cry baby can't catch a fish because it's not El nino. "It's been slow the past 4 years...". Whaaaa!

Like the dude's videos, I have caught plenty of fish, so stop being so butt-hurt and complaining it's been slow. You're bitter and it shows.
Does that make the video any newer?
And did you get Ryans number??
You haven’t answered (:

Last edited by Ed.; 07-03-2019 at 07:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #11
NICKWORN
Senior Member
 
NICKWORN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 444
2015????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
Does that make the video any newer?
And did you get Ryans number??
You haven’t answered (:
LMAO, 2015 HUH, i'd say you don't have a clue what your talking about. It definitely wasn't this year but not 2015.

Last edited by NICKWORN; 07-03-2019 at 12:14 PM.
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #12
summers in kuwait
Senior Member
 
summers in kuwait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East County San Diego
Posts: 569
Haha. This thread...

I remember when Ryan first started a couple years back, I think his handle was Sheephead?

Ryan spends a lot of time on the water and has caught some nice fish. I have spent some time on the water near him and we have caught some yellows together.

As far as this year versus that year, etc. Its all about time on the water. Go more, learn more and apply what you learn.

summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #13
TJones
Senior Member
 
TJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,146
the dude is BA

and yes, its because he puts his time in. Time to reap the rewards. . Make more vids Ryan.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #14
FISH11
Member
 
FISH11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pine Valley when not fishing La Jolla
Posts: 2,026
Used to see Ryan there a lot last year and before, but not much recently, then I also haven't fished as much as I did. When we were fishing out there at the same time, there were many days he had caught really nice fish. Now it seems like the over abundance of bait and less nice Yellows around LJ, make it more about spending more time on the water and being in the right place at the right time. Still you can't beat the scenery even on a skunk day.
__________________
MARK. HOBIE REVO 13, JACKSON CUDA 14, MALIBU X13, MALIBU X FACTOR
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #15
Ed.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
LMAO, 2015 HUH, i'd say you don't have a clue what your talking about. It definitely wasn't this year but not 2015.
Maybe I donít.
Why donít you ask him bud (: lmao
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:29 AM   #16
jruiz
Large Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: La Verne, CA
Posts: 853
The title of this thread should have been "how to highjack a thread."

My intent was to point out how unedited his video was. Most kayak fishing videos show kayak fishing in such a surreal environment. It was just raw and the whole time he was doing a WWE wrestler voice. My favorite was "homeguards baby, 30 40 pounders." Ok, you can get back to arguing what year that was.

Last edited by jruiz; 07-04-2019 at 12:50 PM.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #17
Ed.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I completely agree with you. Ryan makes great videos, and is an amazing angler.
He really does demonstrate what kayak fishing really is. My hat is off to him.
And to you for that matter. Thanks for posting his video!
It’s just that Ryan clearly states that the video was captured in 2015. Not that it matters what year it was... it’s an amazing video!
The condescending, know-it-all’s try to put other people down, due to their own insecurities, while making completely false, inflammatory accusations and assumptions, just to get arise from people. Either way, great job on the video Ryan, hope to see you soon again. And thank you for putting other people onto his videos ��

Last edited by Ed.; 07-05-2019 at 01:14 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #18
Beer Me
Take two
 
Beer Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Camarillo, Ca
Posts: 66
I enjoyed the video for what is it was, raw and barely edited if at all, which was the point of the thread. To see a how someone handles a double hook up of yellowfin 30/40+ lbs was awesome. When he placed the pole between the crook of his leg for leverage on one pole while bringing the other one in was good to see for a greenhorn like me. Landed them, held them for a photo then released them. Stud.

When it was filmed, I donít care, it was awesome regardless. I donít see what some of you gain by getting into a thread to do nothing but to instigate trouble, puffing your chest, and spouting nothing but grovel. Personally, Iím the same person behind the keyboard thatís talking to you in person if we meet up and fish together, are you?

Thanks OP for the thread.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:27 AM   #19
YakDout
Brandon
 
YakDout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
I enjoyed the video for what is it was, raw and barely edited if at all, which was the point of the thread. To see a how someone handles a double hook up of yellowfin 30/40+ lbs was awesome. When he placed the pole between the crook of his leg for leverage on one pole while bringing the other one in was good to see for a greenhorn like me. Landed them, held them for a photo then released them. Stud.

When it was filmed, I donít care, it was awesome regardless. I donít see what some of you gain by getting into a thread to do nothing but to instigate trouble, puffing your chest, and spouting nothing but grovel. Personally, Iím the same person behind the keyboard thatís talking to you in person if we meet up and fish together, are you?

Thanks OP for the thread.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


He wishes those were yellowfin.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:43 AM   #20
Beer Me
Take two
 
Beer Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Camarillo, Ca
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
He wishes those were yellowfin.


Dang it


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002 Big Water's Edge. All rights reserved.