Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
wade

Don't count your Chickens..

Count Goats.
(At least till the end of the month..)

Had an amazing day..pretty much had it to myself, till a few inquisitive whales inspected further than I expected,...
must have been wondering what song the HDS band was playing?..The winds were kept at bay and made for some excellent glass conditions. green water great visibility. surface water temps were 63- 64.5 degree readings. Hopefully some of you had a chance to hit it up before this front.. Morning was only a little bit slow..till early afternoon..plentiful horse sardines that have been milling around these parts my last few trips..Loaded up & sent em back..Made my way around and out & loaded up on a few select rockfish and those bubblegum chewin' Goats & a few others for a nice mixed bag & the neighbors are well stocked..
Changed back & re-rigged into hali-mode and proceeded to pound the crown edge and work it just beyond waypoint #321 after the current swing...found a big block wall drop, and laid my course to ambush the ambusher.. made another pass & got slammed while rounding off this drift. A complete wallop on my bait, as the tell tale signs are felt through my entire rod. My latest PB halibut i nabbed was several pounds short of fifty & this model after having a good go and in comparison, this old crow felt well over that mark when i caught just a glimpse of her upon escape. Any ol' regular day farmed fish I wouldn't even bother mention, but this was the one that got away..Instead of a wet sack, she made three screaming pancake paddle runs right back to the depths. (Four if you count the last one without any resistance..) Finally able to get the vid camera into record mode & Once under the yak, belly side just starting to roll over into submission, she must have noticed what is holding her back and opened her gigantic mouth and starting chomping at nothing..well actually she snips the leader clean two seconds before I gaffed her, all because she inhaled my bait down her throat.. I'm coming right back for you soon, ya hear me snaggles!!..

(& these random Yabba-Dabba-Do shots, are from the other day on a different trip...)

wade is offline   Reply With Quote