Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
Flick

Against Doctor's Orders - 4/23/06

Well, after breaking my finger and getting stitches my doctor said no fishing for 6 weeks!!! I couldn’t believe it. Well, I lasted 4 weeks. I couldn’t take it any more.

After, I took my girlfriend home on Saturday night and I was on my way back to my house at about 1:30 AM. I looked around my car and notice I have every thing for fishing, so why not. I headed to DP.

I woke up sitting in my car, seeing G-man setting up.

We fished together for a while until I noticed that G-man was gone.

I was a beautiful day. I couldn’t believe it, no wind, no waves, clear skies, and clear water. I can’t remember the last day I fished on a day like this. It was like this all day!!!

The action was slow to start on a yak. But, the surf fisherman it was unbelievable. Their must have been about 10 of them. They were catching fish just about every cast it seemed. I watch a family of 4 (Pa, Ma, son, and daughter) they we’re all hooking up at the same time, all of them standing with in a 20 foot section of the beach. They must have caught at least 40 fish in about 30 min. They were catching all short Halibuts, WSB, Corkers, and Perch. I didn’t catch a single fish will watching them. I was a little jealous.

But finally, I caught a short halibut, then another. Things were starting to pickup. About 10:00 am. The surf fishermen were packing up. I guess it started to slow up for them after catching about 100 fish each, unfortunately no legal fish, that I saw.

I lit a smoke, and laid back to enjoy the day. ZZZZzzzzzzz…… My line takes off, after a few minutes I see color, a nice Halibut. I gaff him and bagged him 32”.

After, about 30 minute, I got a huge bite. I brought up my bait but only a head lift. I thought, big leopard. I re-bait and drop to the bottom. And, ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…. It took off straight as an arrow, then jump clean out of the water. It was a big leopard. Another yaker saw and was yelling and so was I, awesome. Fought the sucker for quite awhile and let him go. It was about 3.5 ft.

I fish for little bit more and bagged one more legal halibut 24”.

Now, it was 11:30 and out of bait and sun burnt. Time to go in.

I couldn’t have asked for a better day on the water, simply awesome

Peace out,
Flick

Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
rippin lips

Send a message via AIM to rippin lips
perfect Flick, the double is always nice, had mine a couple months back with a 23 and 29.5...good stuff dude. so how are you preparing it tonight?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
Arne

Damn Flick - way to get it done. That big one looks chunky.
Peace back at ya.
Arne
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
kurt

Nice fish! I'm on the injured list as well, but had to wet a line this afternoon. I caught two as well, although the surf perch and 3 inch cabezon probably wouldn't have looked as impressive in a photo. I think my halibut broke me off a second after the hookset. Felt good.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote