Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #1
kurt

10-8 LJ

Strong winds from the south all morning. Didn't have too much trouble making bait along the kelp edge, just difficult too stay on them with the wind. Paddled out around the corner, for no signs of life. Tried fishing the bottom, but couldn't stay down with the drift chute out and 8oz. of weight. Landed dry, but the waves were picking up. Better luck next weekend.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

FOUND ROD/REEL COMBO

Here is my account:

Met up with Madscientist at the pier at dark. Surprised nobody at the launch at 5:30AM. When I hit the water, tripped over something, looked down, and it was a rod/reel combo. If you can describe a rod/reel combo, and the lure attached to it, I will get it back to you.

Wind picked up from the South very early, and blew until I left at 11ish. Sun finally peaked out when I left, but was in and out. Didn't hear of much fish activity. Bait was scarce. Dragged a lizard fish, and Spanish off the bottom for nada. The wind was making a howling noise, and it was colder out, winter is upon us. It was one of those days of mostly paddling for position, due to the wind. Surf was slamming childrens pool, but small at the launch.

TL,

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:04 AM   #3
madscientist

Ditto. Miserable day. No bait at the pier. Finally found spanish by the NW buoy of the reserve. Added a couple lizards. One lizard got me some funky looking small bottom fish but that was it. Early day for me and of course, I decided to not go this morning and its calm and sunny. May head out in the PM.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #4
Jimm H

I can't believe you found my rod and reel!

I dropped that thing in 85 feet of water off the hotel over 3 years ago, and it finally washes up!

Is it still in good condition? I'll bet it needs a good fresh water soaking.

Contact me asap so I can get it back. What a relief... now I don't have top replace it.
Jimm H is offline   Reply With Quote