Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
greenscales
greenscales

Likely No warm water to swim in other than pools if you want to limit to 4 days by vehicle. Can always look at discounted flights from TJ and cross the bridge &/or last minute deals to fly somewhere further South. I know I’ve seen flights for 1 cheaper than my gas/insurance/etc. costs for driving solo to Cabo. Much more saved in time. I can recommend places in Baja (Norte) that are beautiful - but often cold and rugged this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
MMc
Junior

In four days it will be hard to fine a warm water for swimming, it could be chilly and or rainy. I would check out San Quintin or Bahia de Los Angeles not both, (to much driving). SQ is a 4 hours south with some nice hotels, fishing is good inside the bay and you can launch out but mouth of the bay from the south side of the mouth. BdLA is about 5 hours father south easy launching most places along the bay. Hotels are nice too. If there is a Santa Ana wind system it will be blowing
I go solo all of the time. 6 trips 5 days or more last year. I tell anybody that asks if it's safe. If you are not comfortable going don't go. I understand the risks, I don't let other's fears determine my choices. Your millage my vary.
MMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:45 AM   #3
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscales View Post
Likely No warm water to swim in other than pools if you want to limit to 4 days by vehicle. Can always look at discounted flights from TJ and cross the bridge &/or last minute deals to fly somewhere further South. I know I’ve seen flights for 1 cheaper than my gas/insurance/etc. costs for driving solo to Cabo. Much more saved in time. I can recommend places in Baja (Norte) that are beautiful - but often cold and rugged this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a good point. I’ve flown to Cabo out of Tj using volaris many times. Not unusual to find deals for $90 PP round trip. The planes are nicer than southwest and the CBX is easy. Now Cabo San Lucas is nothing like the middle of BAJA, but if you’re taking a girl looking for some water and bright sun might not be a bad idea. The fishing is also very good year round for different species. I’d recommend San Jose del Cabo over Cabo San Lucas though. Little more “Lax”
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #4
Oolie
Headshots Only

"Mr.NiceGuy"

Yes Mr.NiceGuy, the chance of being accosted in Mexico exists, but the odds are worse if you are black on this side of the border.

http://www.theswcsun.com/chicano-par...om-the-editor/
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote