Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Redeyejedi

Railblaza yaksseries?

has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

http://www.railblaza.com/products/br...pecific/28/58/
Redeyejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
romspacenut

I have them on my Hobie Adventure Island. Kind of pricey and but well-made. Only been able to find them at West Marine.
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Redeyejedi

what are you running? rodholders?

i like modular concept, but not fond of drilling holes in a boat.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
romspacenut

I'm using the RailMount 32-41 w/ Rod Holder II on my akas and two sideports on my bait tank.
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
Redeyejedi

do they feel sturdy?
you had to drill holes yeah?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Siebler

You want modular design that will accept a large number of accessories including Ram, Scotty, and their own brand look at the YakAttack Mighty Mount/GearTrac's

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...kAttack/Detail

These will accept so much stuff its not even fair. Plus you can bolt MM's to tracks to creat dashboards and such. Works REALLY well. We install 100's of these things. There is a reason they are the fastest growing accessory company in the industry. Plus it is all 100% made in the USA so you cant beat that.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
You want modular design that will accept a large number of accessories including Ram, Scotty, and their own brand look at the YakAttack Mighty Mount/GearTrac's

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...kAttack/Detail

These will accept so much stuff its not even fair. Plus you can bolt MM's to tracks to creat dashboards and such. Works REALLY well. We install 100's of these things. There is a reason they are the fastest growing accessory company in the industry. Plus it is all 100% made in the USA so you cant beat that.
I have to agree! Yak attack not only has good products, they have good customer service! They stand behind thier products. Ram and scotty awsome products as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
Siebler

I just confirmed that this si the stuff we saw up in Salt Lake back in August. Personally I wasnt very impressed and neither was Brent (or I believe Andy). We never ordered it for this reason. As a mater of fact we may even have some samples here at the store that were sent to us in hopes we would like it.

The way I feel is that if it was that great you would see more of it (like you do with YakAttack or others).

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
Redeyejedi

thanks for the info
Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
legocrusader
Junior

Happy with Railblaza

I just started using the Railblaza systems on my Hobie PA 12. I am quite happy with them. I love the way they lock. I don't have to worry about losing my items.

I have a Gopro Hero 3 camera mounted on the "Boom Mounts". This is attached to the tubular handles beside the seat. I can easliy rotate from, behind, beside and nearly in front of me. I also have another camera mount in the front using a "Rotating Platforms". I then place my Iphone in the "Mobi Universal Mobile Device Holder". This allows me to use my iphone as a control device for the the gopro and it is easliy assessible for both vision and control purposes.

There are so many options with these items.I only use two rod holders with their mounts. One in the front and one behind me. They are easliy adjustable for almost any desired angle.

Feel free to contact me if you want to see pictures of my set-up.

Legocrusader,

http://www.hobie.com(Fishing Team Member)
http://www.fishingtackleunlimited.com (Pro Staff)
http://www.Yak-gear.com(Pro Staff)
http://www.operationfish.com(Blog)
http://twitter.com/legocrusader

Last edited by legocrusader; 01-21-2013 at 08:18 AM. Reason: removing links
legocrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #11
papatone8
Junior

Personally I think it all boils down to personal preference as with most anything in regards to kayak fishing. I've used Scotty mounts for some time, but have recently been using the Railblaza products exclusively. I'm especially pleased with the ease of the Railblaza products, quick change, and flexibility to use the same starport for a multitude of different accessories and with ease while on the water. The rodholders have held up great, and will fit several different styles of fishing rods. The FF mounts, camera mounts, mobi holders are all of great quality in my personal opinion. I use the smaller camera mount in the front of my yak for quick pics of catches, and use the boom mount for video while out on the water. As LegoCrusader mentioned above, it's a quick move and locks down quickly. The one thing I truly like is the ease of it all, whereas with Scotty, you can spend a minute or two looking to get the nipple lined up perfectly to move accessories or lock down accessories. These starports make a quick move possible. it's a great quality product, and I'll continue to use the Railblaza line of products.
papatone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
paddlestop
Junior

Railblaza

Found Railblaza on the Yak-Gear website and had read so much about it. Looked at all of the videos at Railblaza.com on how they "Blaze" a kayak. I bought a few of the Starports and a Mobi Holder as well as a Rod Holder. Mounted the Starports into my Yak Attack rails and plugged in the other stuff. The Railblaza Starport is really sweet because it is not big and bulky like Scotty and Ram. The starport is perfectly centered on the track. Since then I added the Flag Whip and a Camera Boom for my Go Pro. I cant wait til the new light comes out, I just pop it in the same starport as the flag whip. I have a Hobie Revolution by the way.

My buddy has a Hobie Adventure Island and he is the one who told me about Railblaza. He had used their Railmounts on the Outrigger Bars and just added their new Trackmount 350...

Railblaza has only been in the US now for 6 months. I really like their products, so much more versatile and much nicer looking than Scotty or Ram. Check out the videos at Railblaza.com and you can get just about everything at yak-gear.com
paddlestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
Ddwineguy

Wow, what a coincidence. 1 post each and just joined this month and you both love the product. Geez...what are the odds?
Ddwineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #14
papatone8
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddwineguy View Post
Wow, what a coincidence. 1 post each and just joined this month and you both love the product. Geez...what are the odds?

Looks like we joined about the same time brother... but this being an open forum I personally don't see any issues with someone offering their thoughts on a product whether it's their first post or their 100th post.
papatone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #15
Ddwineguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by papatone8 View Post
Looks like we joined about the same time brother... but this being an open forum I personally don't see any issues with someone offering their thoughts on a product whether it's their first post or their 100th post.
True its an open forum, however obvious spam with imbedded links is not what the forum is for, brother. I was not referring to your post. Only the two that joined this month.
Ddwineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
Dannowar

And similar punctuation!

Finkle is Einhorn......