Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #61
nickc5

That's a beauty. Reminds me of the trout I use to catch in the Arkansas River back in college. The experience is priceless 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #62
nickc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchfish View Post

That ca$h looks real, congrats.

How much would this one be worth?

That's a beauty. Reminds me of the trout I use to catch in the Arkansas River back in college. The experience is priceless 😉

Like the username. My bro has an Instagram @teamkatchafish

Check us out

Old 03-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #63
ghotion
Junior

Most of you have probably noticed I don't post hardly at all (ever). This has me a little ticked off. Three or four years ago there was post of some idiot posing with a small BSB that he had caught surf fishing. He had a big shit eating grin on his face, was wearing only swim trunks and had no fishing license visible, probably a poacher. Thing is, that post was gone in two days. Why is this one still so visible?
ghotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #64
domtesta27

As much as I would like to educate you on the difference between the stocking of trout in natural habitat to help bolster wild stock and planting of full grown fish into water that's gonna kill em anyways after a couple weeks just so you can pay to catch em, I doubt you'd get it. And you can go to just about any state in the country and catch Wild trout that breed naturally in the rivers and lakes. It's not about money and fame guy.

domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:33 PM   #65
fishing md

Red face

The flyfishing community wouldn't act this way....
Shame on you guys!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2016, 07:32 PM   #66
2-Stix

that rainbow is disgusting. looks like a swamp dog. it was raped in a pond eating pellets for years.

lets see...power bait? worm? velveta? salmon eggs?

Dom...post a proper fish caught flyfishing in freezing conditions that was released...oh and caught on a barbless hook.

sorry, this is my hot button...i should not be posting this.

Last edited by 2-Stix; 03-14-2016 at 08:48 PM.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #67
2-Stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc5 View Post
lol. I gave it away guy.

Also, majority (key word here) of the trout you will catch ANYWHERE, are farm raised trout. Granted there are wild trout that can be caught. Unless you go to Alaska, like myself from the tourney I won last year at SARL, you'll have a chance at landing some wild ones.

So what were you saying? I'm saying I'm $1400 richer in the past 2 weeks from fishing and won a trip to Alaska along with $1k, and 3 fishing pole setups.

None of the fish i catch in the backcountry are farmed raised. Your really out of the loop here. I catch wild trout 30 mins from my home in Ventura...for the last 30 years. I have backpacked 20 miles in the windriver range in the heart of wyoming for rare wild trout. theres wild trout all over. native, non stocked or farm raised. i have caught 100's of land locked steelhead.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:41 PM   #68
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchfish View Post
How much would this one be worth?

Gold Ken GOLD. As a rule, I try and fish for only nonGMO trout.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #69
nickc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Stix View Post
None of the fish i catch in the backcountry are farmed raised. Your really out of the loop here. I catch wild trout 30 mins from my home in Ventura...for the last 30 years. I have backpacked 20 miles in the windriver range in the heart of wyoming for rare wild trout. theres wild trout all over. native, non stocked or farm raised. i have caught 100's of land locked steelhead.

I agree with u and I've experienced that as well. I'm def not out of the loop. Haha I'll be out at my cabin in Utah this summer doing that in my backyard. It's funny how offended people get.

Story is,

I caught a big f****** farm raised, gmo, steroid ass trout and won some Money doing So.

15.44lber

Sweet dreams drama queens

Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #70
2-Stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc5 View Post
I agree with u and I've experienced that as well. I'm def not out of the loop. Haha I'll be out at my cabin in Utah this summer doing that in my backyard. It's funny how offended people get.

Story is,

I caught a big f****** farm raised, gmo, steroid ass trout and won some Money doing So.

15.44lber

Sweet dreams drama queens

Where in Utah? I have pulled lots of big fish out of that state...mostly Flaming Gorge, below the dam. great tail water fishery.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #71
nickc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Stix View Post
Where in Utah? I have pulled lots of big fish out of that state...mostly Flaming Gorge.

The cabin is on mammoth creek near lake Panguitch/duck Creek Village. Family cabin. Can't wait for the weather to cool down.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:05 PM   #72
domtesta27

Fish ID?

Native lahontan cutthroat, you gotta put in the work for these......

No power bait allowed.....

domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:02 PM   #73
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

*Steroid-Ass trout ???? Oay vay.

We went from baby BSB, to $1400 gluton free gender confused freshwater fish on this thread......Hey Mo, I'm a Victim of Soicumstance......

....and was this steroid trout caught on a kayak ? ....I call BS.

Awesome job on the Cutty for real......hats off.
Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:38 PM   #74
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by f'nsabiki View Post
OP--I would delete this post if I were you.
Like I said----No good was ever going to come from this post.
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:06 AM   #75
Saba Slayer

fish id

Vikingj...if you're at the Fred Hall Show in Del Mar...come by the Turners booth...I'll be selling AHI/Promar products.
I've got some DFG Fish ID booklets and I'll give you one. The artwork is great (a lot of A. Bachar images) and it may keep you from making an expensive mistake.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #76
Dan

what a frickin mess
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:39 PM   #77
RK

1st Like
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #78
knightnsd

all these responses and no one asked this?

All I want to know is how it tasted? Do the small ones taste any better than the big BSB's? I think that "looks like Mexico in the background of the photo", tell the DFG to pound sand.

I used to think the DFG officers were there to protect the resources we all enjoy but between hunting and fishing, it seems they are often looking for a violation. In general, contact with them in the field or on the water just makes you think what might I have done wrong? I feel like my hunting and fishing fees are like taxes, paying for more government pricks to make more laws that they can eventually fine one of us for accidental violation of. I think I need an attorney prior to taking a fish or shooting something these days to ok the shot first, check the area, the season, the sex, can I use a dog on this hunt, can I bait pigs(illegal in California despite them being a nuisance), can I use lead ammo in this area, can I use a barbed hook, how deep can I fish, where can I fish, it a bureaucracy of laws, sub-laws and regulations that is a net to snare one of us even as we attempt to stay on top of the take-laws. Try asking a DFG agent what you can do about seals and sea lions, one said I could use a non-lethal deterrent but another told me I could not harass them as they are a protected sea mammal so a paint ball gun might be an offense. The following site cant even answer the question regarding seals and sea lions.

http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa....ce_methods.pdf )

Everyone here has heard various take-laws on the water from a friend or had a friend miss-id a fish or a buddy that shot a wood-duck or other out of season by a day or two. If the water warms up again we will have to be very diligent on take-laws that may change mid-season or on some odd-fish that ends up here.
knightnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #79
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightnsd View Post
All I want to know is how it tasted? Do the small ones taste any better than the big BSB's? I think that "looks like Mexico in the background of the photo", tell the DFG to pound sand.

I used to think the DFG officers were there to protect the resources we all enjoy but between hunting and fishing, it seems they are often looking for a violation. In general, contact with them in the field or on the water just makes you think what might I have done wrong? I feel like my hunting and fishing fees are like taxes, paying for more government pricks to make more laws that they can eventually fine one of us for accidental violation of. I think I need an attorney prior to taking a fish or shooting something these days to ok the shot first, check the area, the season, the sex, can I use a dog on this hunt, can I bait pigs(illegal in California despite them being a nuisance), can I use lead ammo in this area, can I use a barbed hook, how deep can I fish, where can I fish, it a bureaucracy of laws, sub-laws and regulations that is a net to snare one of us even as we attempt to stay on top of the take-laws. Try asking a DFG agent what you can do about seals and sea lions, one said I could use a non-lethal deterrent but another told me I could not harass them as they are a protected sea mammal so a paint ball gun might be an offense. The following site cant even answer the question regarding seals and sea lions.

http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa....ce_methods.pdf )

Everyone here has heard various take-laws on the water from a friend or had a friend miss-id a fish or a buddy that shot a wood-duck or other out of season by a day or two. If the water warms up again we will have to be very diligent on take-laws that may change mid-season or on some odd-fish that ends up here.
HAHA!! Love the way you think! Looks yummy. You're right, peace officers (cops), DFG, CHP, etc. only care about one thing, CONVICTIONS, because it pays their salary. Plain and simple. Sure a few might have the right intentions when they first join, but with the labor unions, it all goes to shit quick fast and in a hurry. Ever wonder why there's no REAL victim? It's the Judge(commissioner), Prosecution and the cop all ganged up against the defendant (YOU), and they ask you if you're going to waive your constitutional rights in order to enter a plea whether its guilty or not guilty. Why is that? Why do you need to waive your Constitutional rights? Because it's statutory law (contract law) which doesn't have jurisdiction within the confines of the Constitution (civil law). They never have "Corpus Delecti" (which is the injured party, either physically or monetarily), they just have the lame ass claim that you injured the "People of the State of California", which is complete B.S.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #80
RK

Bump
RK is offline   Reply With Quote