Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 01-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #61
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
I hope it feels good to be ignorant. Almost no difference? The better part of LJ is open. The enviros wanted the entire thing. They were desperate to get it. We turned them away. That was a huge difference, and it didn't happen by itself. Or maybe you're from Laguna. Then you're right. The blue bloods (or is that blue hairs?) won. Or Dume up in Malibu, movie star land? There weren't enough fishermen to defend our turf. Maybe you stayed home?

Other zones that went the fisherman's way:

Rocky Pt at PV
Catalina west end
Carp Reef
Pyramid Cove

I could keep going. It would have been much worse if people hadn't stood up. Too bad more didn't show, enough to shut down the hearings. I didn't miss one. When we had the numbers, events went our way. When our people faded, nightmare.

Every time one of us paddles out to north LJ kelp, dives there with a spear, or drops a line from a boat this community should feel proud for showing up and speaking too loudly to be ignored. It would be closed now without the kayak fishing crowd.

x10

Paul's been one of the main men, fighting for our fishing rights.
All true fishermen will be frustrated at this whole MLPA thing. If you don't appreciate what HAS been won, then maybe you're from the other side.
Thanks, Paul, and to the countless others that gave us a little bit of our jewel.
MLPA is wrong, the people behind it are thoughtless bastards/bitches, and the whole thing sucks. But, until they get more extreme, we can hold off on going postal.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #62
stairman

to all those I offended......sorry

to those of you that go on denying that the democrats are the problem..... well... you can fool all of the people some of the time......some of the people all of the time.
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #63
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairman View Post

to those of you that go on denying that the democrats are the problem..... well... you can fool all of the people some of the time......some of the people all of the time.
No worries, hope I didn't offend you either. But I can't help pointing out that it was a republican governator that supported the MPLA's and it's flawed process and allowed this to happen. Well, that and a bunch of you people reading this that did nothing when many of us were asking for your help. You people only speak up after the hard work has been done. Well, you have been measured, you have been weighed, and you have been found wanting.... I always wanted to use that line.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #64
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairman View Post

I'm with you brother....and Abraham Lincoln was a GREAT man too.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #65
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTHUNTR View Post
Uh, Dave, try not to be such an asshole all the time
Im buying around ten of these type kayaks (fully outfitted,pfd's,and all the fishing gear to go along).I'm spearheading a project for a school recreation effort to teach kids to swim,kayak,and fish in a small south Baja village. I should have elaborated more.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
FISHIONADO

Lincoln really was a great man, he also said "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt". Just kidding, if I saw you guys on the water I'd offer you a cold beer.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote