Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #61
THE DARKHORSE

Good job out there...

You Temecula fish killer, you.

Boy, I haven't seen one of these in a while. That comment's two fold. Directed towards the grade of fish and some of the replies on this here post.

Anyway,it's cool to see. That grade of fish is a direct result to the ridiculously warm water hanging right off the Coast.

Just to give some perspective for everyone on the outside looking in (from a guy who's on the water five days a week): I haven't seen any fish this size caught in La Jolla---in a few years. Not one. Being the betting man I am, I'd say, these fish are from a paddy that slammed into the beach. I'd also be willing to bet that same paddy had Dorado alongside those smaller grade tails.

Regardless, congrats on catching a couple beautiful fish.

I'm certainly not about to break out the Bass-outfits, but even a five pound Yellowtail will kick your butt. For a spell anyway...
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #62
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
That grade of fish is a direct result to the ridiculously warm water hanging right off the Coast....
No doubt those fish are up from Mexico just like the Dorado, and with these warm water conditions you could easily run into huge schools of them. It's not like taking them will have any impact on our fishing down the road.

I'm just waiting for someone to post the first LJ Dorado this year. Last time I saw water this warm we caught some off El Segundo

I've a friend with a skiff that found a paddy holding them less then six miles from the point last week. You might want to reconsider that bass gear. One thing about dorado is they can be pretty line shy at times. He caught a few, but he said they only bit on 15lb fluoro, and I've seen days were you had to drop to 12lb to get bit when they come all the way up here.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote