Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
Kennyblair
Junior

Aaron&Julie passed away

My name is Kenny Blair, I joined the forum so I could announce to the San Diego area kayak fishing community the sad news of the passing of both Aaron and his girlfriend Julie. It’s Christmas Day and I just got the news a couple days ago. Julie somehow accidentally died Dec 8th. Nobody knows anything much more than that right now. Aaron told no one, not any family or friends, of her dying. About a week later, Aaron took his own life as we all assume he could not go on without her. All the details are still vague as waiting for coroner reports and toxicology on both of them. He died in his own bed. They lived together many years in Spring Valley and loved fishing LJ. Aaron Brenner and I started fishing together A LOT when we met at age 13. We are both 57. We went on so many different fishing adventures together from fishing off the rocks of South Laguna to deckhanding together way off shore in Mexican waters. I was a deckhand for many years and he soon joined the navy at the time getting work on boats slowed down. I have not seen Aaron in many many years but we talked on FB and I loved seeing his impressive catches from his yak. Today, I was going through posts here and FB, admiring pics of some really nice 50 lb WSB, nice halibut and so on. I’m not sure how many members knew Aaron & Julie but I thought I would make this known to the community that really mattered to him.

Last edited by WCW Moderator; 12-31-2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: I have added a photo from happier days.
Kennyblair is offline   Reply With Quote