Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
ChefT

Fishing IB or south of la jolla

Was curious to see if anyone new what the fishing is like
down the coast.... not the bays... just looking to mix it up
and avoid the cattle call....
Good.... Bad... Ok.....

any good launches ? .... spots?

or just a waste of time...

thanks

Tugboat
ChefT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
sitinsidejim
sitinsidejim

south of L.J.

cheft. there is good fishing south of L.J last friday when every one was fishing for white seabass I fish south of wind and sea to bird rock for calicos. I did real well for them. got broke off once but made up for it later on with a 8lb. calico and several others from two pounds to five pounds. and at times have caught yellowtail there mostly calicos most of the time. And I fish pt. loma also mostly for calicos also I think there are yellows and white seabass there also but most people fish La jolla because it an easy place to lanch and you do not have to paddle far to fishing grounds. I do not like fishing in a crowd. and fishing somewhere else is a nice change of pace. and a good part of the time you be the only one fishing there. As for I.B goes I have not fish there but every once and while someone will pull a white seabass and some yellows there. But watch which day to out there. I used to surf there and the waves will thump you so you will have to pick a small surf day to make it out. I hope this helps and good luck. Jim
sitinsidejim is offline   Reply With Quote