Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Darkfly
Junior

OCEANSIDE

Looking to go to Oceanside on Wednesday,Thursday. Anyone know how the fishing is.
Darkfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

You hitting the reefs? I'd recommend going to #2 (north) start closer to shore and work your way out to the deeper reefs. Should be good action on calicos, sand bass, possibly barracuda. Halibut, and a couple other species definitely possibility. Good luck, looking forward to report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
tsugg
LOWSPARK

Oceanside

Yak, I've fished the inner and outer harbor at Oside for a lot of shorts. I haven't ventured outside yet and I'm dying to but being a newb to the ocean fishing thing I haven't made it out yet but I'm dying to. Can you give me some ideas of what baits work for you out there? I've even got the gps numbers in my FF but looking for a nice calm day.
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:02 AM   #4
YakDout
Brandon

I usually take a scoop of bait out. Mackerel is a little harder to find because there are no major kelp beds. But I have filled my bait tank with them while out there. Last time out to ar2 we had chunk spawning calicos nailing big old fly lined macs it was awesome. I think it had something to do with the squid coming by. Think that was the first weekend it was reported. Anyways, small chrome and blue yoyo jigs will work, megabits, swimbaits (1-2 oz) fresh dead squid. The real key is knowing what the reefs look like on your sonar and way pointing them or putting numbers in before hand. Stay on top of one of the reefs, you will mark and catch tons of fish. Drift off your mark, well it will start to slow down. A LOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
tsugg
LOWSPARK

oside

great and valuable info. Thanks. I'll be on it this weekend !
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
tsugg
LOWSPARK

oside reef #2

I got the gps numbers to the reef off the dfg web site. Are those pretty accurate ?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #7
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugg View Post
I got the gps numbers to the reef off the dfg web site. Are those pretty accurate ?
nope not even close. The best they will do is put you in the general area. Your gonna have to meter around and find'em
Old 07-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
tsugg
LOWSPARK

great!

Good to hear. I have a friend thats been running a private charter boat out of oside for 30 years and he said the same thing. He told me when he gets to the boat sat. he will look at his FF and text me some accurate numbers.