Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
PAL

MLPA Ecotrust Survey - Feedback Needed ASAP

The Kayak Fishing Assoc of CA needs your feedback on the Ecotrust MLPA socio-economic survey ASAP. The survey is an internet mapping program that will have a tremendous influence on the siting of future MLPA closures.

If you signed up for the survey, how's it going?

Have you received the survey itself?

If so, did you experience any problems such as bugs, glitches, lost work, etc?

If you emailed or called Ecotrust for help, did they get back to you? How long did it take? Did you know you could do so?

How confident are you in the mapping program and the product that will eventually emerge?

Please spell out any problems or issues in detail. The report will go to the highest echelons of the MLPA Initiative staff no later than Friday morning Aug 15.

Our goal is an accurate, reliable mapping product. If the process went well for you, please share that too.

Thanks! You're helping preserve kayak fishing access in SoCal.

PL
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
dorf

I did mine the other day.
I was a little confused about drawing out my fishing areas but the video tutorial cleared everything up. I thought it was a very user friendly survey. Nothing lost and no glitches.

If you have not done it yet make sure you take your time to read the instructions.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
lamb

I thought the survey webapp was pretty neat. I did not have any problems using it. I am what you'd call a "computer guy" though. I did go through their instruction video before I started, just to see if they prepared neat instructions and I thought it was very detailed and helpful.

All together, I was impressed with their work on this.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

I did mine a few weeks ago. No probs. Cool program.

I don't know how accurate they expected us to be. When they asked for yt fishing grounds I selected an area from the launch to a little south of the NW corner and put my pennies there. It would suck if they closed the areas closest to the launch for us. I didn't know if I should have broken that area up into more zones and put more pennies on the good zones closer to the launch and less pennies farther out.

Any word on when the stakeholders will be announced or who they will be?

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 AM   #5
PAL

Wow, talk about ASAP. I'm gratified to read three consecutive no problem reports. But please, keep them coming.

Quote:
Any word on when the stakeholders will be announced or who they will be?
Stakeholders should be announced in early Sept. Initiative staff is still conducting candidate interviews according to a source.

Nothing is set until the state makes the public announcement, but prospects are looking very bright for kayak angler representation. That's due to broad community support, so if it happens, give yourselves the credit. We'll need the same high level of commitment as the process moves forward, beginning at the very first stakeholder meeting.

Paul
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #6
Mike McFann
Junior

Turned mine in a few weeks ago. No problems after watching the video. Took around 30 mins if I remember.

Will be interested in the effect on this BS taking of our fishing grounds though.
Mike McFann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
madscientist

Did my survey a while ago. Very simple. I screwed up and finalized too early. Emailed them and within a day they reopened my survey. All in all I thought it was exceptionally well done, much better than I would have expected.

In every survey form or letter, I try to drop the term "non-motorized fishing parks". One can dream.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #8
kurt

Did mine a few weeks ago. Watched the instructional video, and no problems. Thanks for staying on the ball, Paul.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
LocoKayako

Paul, I did mine a few weeks ago as well. I watched their video, then did the survey. The video was very helpful and detailed which made the survey process very simple. I did not have any problems.

Thank you for all your work Paul

Gabe
Old 08-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
Billy V

I did mine tonight. The video presentation make all the difference.

My maps covered just about every part of LJ that didn't have a reserve.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote