Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
zenspearo

(MLPA) Bloody Tuesday 7/28--Remember that one?

That was the day the fishermen side was outnumbered 10:1 by blue shirts at the last BRTF meeting in Santa Monica. We were outworked, outshouted, outnumbered.

http://bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5703

Spearos, kayakfishermen, H&Ls, we all looked like a PATHETIC BUNCH and all the BRTF saw was signs and blue shirts and mass of people that pushed the message "MPAs Work" and pushed for larger and larger closures.

We have the last BRTF meeting coming up on October 20-22 in Long Beach. LAST MEETING. END OF THE ROAD.

Show up and unite behind Paul L., Tommy and MJs and Big Joe and Cowcatcher and the fishing RSGs to save our fishing grounds. Group 2 map is the best for everyone, all things considered.

Because you can bet the other side is planning to bloody us again with the BRTF meeting. We need each and everyone of you for this LAST push.

We gained a little and then they took it back and more at the BRTF meeting when we took our foot off the gas pedal. We were pathetic at the last BRTF meeting, and this is our chance to redeem ourselves.

Start planning to be there.

Or plan to fish Salton Sea next year. LAST BRTF MEETING!!!!

Last edited by zenspearo; 09-14-2009 at 03:32 PM.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

I remember that day well. Me, Greg, Kurt, and Billy were all dreading being the first to stand up and say "I am a fishermen" after hearing 50 people speak ahead of us, all wearing blue shirts, all talking about how MPA's work, and fishermen are the problem.

We cannot let that happen again. Strength in numbers, and having a strong well thought out message will help us get through this. That is why everyone must show up.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Take a sick day. Take a vacation day. Play hooky. Do whatever you have to do to be there. This is the last chance to voice your opinions.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Grego

Yup I remember that day...don't want that to happen again, wasn't very comfortable. But what I do remember well, was the dinner we had and that HOT body waitress and the awesome food!
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
zenspearo

To guard against BRTF doing the sausage making and coming up with an integrated preferred alternative (IPA) map, we ought to focus our message on "I like group 2 map for La Jolla" because reason A, reason B, and reason C, and I don't like group 3 map for La Jolla because reason X, reason Y, and reason Z.

That way, we don't put all our eggs in one basket and can be more focused and pointed in our statements about specific localities.

I have a feeling one BRTF member (guess who?) will be trying to push for one or more of External C shapes in one or more locations...because BRTF can conjure new closures out of thin air--it's in their perogative.

And you all see how brazen and biased that BRTF member is during the BRTF meeting that bounced External C. I have a feeling that BRTF member is gonna to be twice as brazen and shameless in BRTF deliberations out of the public earshot.

So work as if our fishing lifestyles depend on this last meeting, because it very well may. Don't count on North/NW La Jolla as "safe." Don't count on any area as "safe."

NOTHING IS SAFE.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
Billy V

I will be there to do whatever it takes to preserve our sport.

I have spoken to some of our RSG's and their message is as follows:
We need every single member on this website to show up for this meeting. Even if you do not want to speak I need you standing behind us for support.
---------------------------------
This is it Guys and Gals, the Last Chance you will ever get to Preserve Your Fishing Area. You Must Attend this Meeting.

Personally, I Wouldn't Miss it for The World.
-I want the DFG to Hear What I have to say.
-I want the DFG to See How We Have Compromised in the Face of Deceit, and Bad Science.
- In spite of Being Gamed and Manipulated by the Privately Funded Process We Stood Up for Our Rights and Maintained the Moral High Ground.

Please Be there for Us Who Have Fought for You.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
esdees
The Good Clone

I'll be there at least for the public comment day and I'll try to drag some new-to-mlpa guys with me.
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
kurt

Quote:
But what I do remember well, was the dinner we had and that HOT body waitress and the awesome food!
I'm sure we can find some good places in Long Beach. No reason not to have some fun and laughs afterwards, even if the meetings suck.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Corey

Joe Johst's is a fun bar, or Taco Surf in Sunset Beach.