Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
sdfisher

There handing out WSB at LJ 6-7-11.....

.... I just arrived too late. I did spot a on the back of a kayak but I will leave that story for someone else to tell.

windy, overcast afternoon on the water with smaller surf. Didn't see much activity and no fish for me today.

should be mellow surf for the remainder of the week for those who have the time to get out there.

Enjoy
sdfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
Dennis

Were you the one in 150 yesterday morning?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
sdfisher

No I didn't get out until the afternoon, seemed like the bite was good during the big incoming tide
Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
herefishyfishy!

I will be in LJ this afternoon. Probably IN the water, not as much ON the water this trip.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
Whizz Bang

WTF

Sooooo, they are handing them out and only gave them to one kayak that you saw, huh. Save that title for the day you release a smaller model and connect with anything over, say 50-55lbs within the same hour. I have released a smaller one and lost another, after fishing 2 months hard, and trying every trick in the book, not just the obligatory blind trolling. That includes an all nighter out there during the WON tourney where I fished 20 hours straight(also the night I released the 25lber ((yes jp, I am claiming 25lbs))).

That title may be better left to someone who wants even less room to fish during a wide open squid bite than you normally have. Also, it is a bit unfair, since anyone out today or yesterday will tell you the conditions SUCK right now. Water is cold, overcast, bait is almost impossible to make. yesterday, I was at the launch by 7am and back at the launch at 8pm.....I spent most of that time looking for bait. Something I have never had to do before. La Jolla is giving NOTHING away right now. If you have hooked up in the last couple of days or through this weekend until at least sunday, it is because you have earned it the hard way.

Tight lines.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
sdfisher

wow ..... Mr. serious fisherman over here

I used that title because in a previous post someone had said "there handing out WSB and yellowtail at la jolla" after he caught a WSB. No shit they don't hand them out, catching one requires lots of persistence, dedication, and patience......or luck

The people who catch these fish consistently are the one's who put in countless hours on the water and brave crappy conditions in pursuit of these fish. If I had that kind of time to be out there I would. I think that everyone who frequents la jolla realizes that the fish don't come easily. I applaud the people who catch these fish because I understand that it is no easy task.

from your response it seems that the title of my post may have rubbed you the wrong way. It wasn't my intention to anger any readers, just was giving the daily skunk report.

Tight Lines
Old 06-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
roadx

Quote:
wow ..... Mr. serious fisherman over here

they were handing them out, you just gave it back i seen the fish and release, definitely a keeper for me. tuff choice but at the time the right thing to do. congrats on WSB petting