Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
Phishphood

SD rod repair suggestions?

Anyone have any suggestions for a rod repair place in SD? I have a rod that probably needs a new guide and the lower (static) bracket for the reel seat cracked on the edge and pulls up (needs a new one). Quick google search shows MMrods, squidco and salty dawg but any recs for any of them? Thanks guys. One of my grandfathers rods so I'd rather not retire it if I don't have to.
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
Hunters Pa

Squidco has a good reputation on this board
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
PescadorPete

+2 Squidco. They have fixed a few for me and it's hard tell the difference between the repair and the original.
PescadorPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #4
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for a rod repair place in SD? I have a rod that probably needs a new guide and the lower (static) bracket for the reel seat cracked on the edge and pulls up (needs a new one). Quick google search shows MMrods, squidco and salty dawg but any recs for any of them? Thanks guys. One of my grandfathers rods so I'd rather not retire it if I don't have to.

Skrilla!!

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=28470
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #5
tomahawk

what kind of rod? I have never tried but fixing a reel seat with a cracked hood may not be possible. reel seats are always put on from the top down and usually don't slide off the back. I have replaced a rear grip without re-wrapping. If the blank doesn't have too much taper in the butt end you get a slightly larger seat on the rod. Hypalon is easy to match. Cork will be harder. If it was me, and I understand the issue (cracked hood), I might leave the reel seat alone and just use a reel clamp.
+2 Skrilla

Tom
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
RK

Squidco does a killer job and at a great price.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote