Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
sanjuancapokayak

Dana Point Monday?

Just wondering if anyone wants to fish D.P. tomorrow from 6am to noon, launching from baby beach at 6 sharp and hitting the bait barge. Sealed my hatches better, gonna experiment with the bait tank ( fishfinder and tank now on, was messing with the wires and somehow it started working Have a double hook (treblehook on back, reg hook up front, basically gonna go and try my luck around some sand and structure. See if I can get that first hali to "pancake up." ) Can't hardly wait to give this a 2nd go. Gonna leave the bottom plug in the baitank out, turn on once I am about out where I wanna fish at, and take minimal gear with me. Then flip the fishfinder and baitank on with the tank valve , on very low with the baitank plug always left out. Hoping this solves all/most water from entering my yak.

Let me know if ya wanna go with...

Whit-

Last edited by sanjuancapokayak; 09-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.
sanjuancapokayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
danjor

There's a group of us hooping Dana Monday night if you want to join. I have to work other wise I would join you for the morning session.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Was fishing DP this afternoon. Didn't see a single other kayak fisher, which was the first time I've seen that. Saw two kayak hoopers headed out at around 6:30. Bait barge has no anchovies today, just big sardines. Not much action outside the harbor. Little action inside. Mostly raked baits.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
sanjuancapokayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Was fishing DP this afternoon. Didn't see a single other kayak fisher, which was the first time I've seen that. Saw two kayak hoopers headed out at around 6:30. Bait barge has no anchovies today, just big sardines. Not much action outside the harbor. Little action inside. Mostly raked baits.
Wow! on a Sunday, that is weird. Thank You for the update. Especially on the bait situation.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
sanjuancapokayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
There's a group of us hooping Dana Monday night if you want to join. I have to work other wise I would join you for the morning session.
Can't do Monday Night, am a Night Custodian. Good Luck though, and I hope you guys find the motherload!
Whit-
Old 09-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
easyday

Ill be heading out on a 3/4 day out of dana wharf then as soon as I get back load up the catch the unload the yak and go hooping
Old 09-30-2013, 04:48 AM   #7
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Ill be heading out on a 3/4 day out of dana wharf then as soon as I get back load up the catch the unload the yak and go hooping
Save those rockfish heads for fresh bait. Can never have enough fresh bait.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote