Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
Warmshort

Redtide

When’s it gonna be gone?
Warmshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #2
Salty

They can last a few weeks up to a few months. Unfortunately there's really no good way to predict. We have a little swell coming in this weekend, so maybe that will help move things around. No idea, but I'm also looking forward to seeing some clear water too. Friend on his boat went all the way out to Cortez Bank to do some spearfishing today. Initial report was that the thick red tide is still about 2 miles, but even all the way out to the islands, the water never really got nice and clear. Haven't heard how it was past the islands though. Maybe it's nice out there, but I don't think I'll be taking my kayak out that far anyway lol
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #3
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
They can last a few weeks up to a few months. Unfortunately there's really no good way to predict. We have a little swell coming in this weekend, so maybe that will help move things around. No idea, but I'm also looking forward to seeing some clear water too. Friend on his boat went all the way out to Cortez Bank to do some spearfishing today. Initial report was that the thick red tide is still about 2 miles, but even all the way out to the islands, the water never really got nice and clear. Haven't heard how it was past the islands though. Maybe it's nice out there, but I don't think I'll be taking my kayak out that far anyway lol
Ouch I didn’t realize they could last that long. Hit me back when there’s clear waters
Old 05-06-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
Salty

I'm sure I won't be the only one happily reporting clear water!!
Old 05-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #5
Salty

Just an update: Went surfing this afternoon for 2-3 hours before sunset today at Salt Creek. Water was super clear and glassy. Not sure what it's looking like further offshore, but it looks like we might finally be on the other side of this! Here's to wishful thinking
Old 05-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #6
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Just an update: Went surfing this afternoon for 2-3 hours before sunset today at Salt Creek. Water was super clear and glassy. Not sure what it's looking like further offshore, but it looks like we might finally be on the other side of this! Here's to wishful thinking
Sweet thanks for the update.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #7
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmshort View Post
Sweet thanks for the update.
It's confirmed! Took the boat out today with a buddy. Water was crystal clear all the way out. Looks like our prayers to the fishing gods have been answered!

Tags
gbk