Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 05-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
NICKWORN

LJ 5/20 last trip for awhile!!!

My second son is gonna be here on 5/31!! So we decided to launch at 4:30 hoping to have bait by grey and head over to the kelp line for Ghost, no luck, bait was easy on my secret weapon sabiki! Trolled along the kelp straight west till the 120ft for nada. Made my way south and decide to head west to around 150ft mark and turn north when my mac gets a quick sonic burst then stops, followed by a 2 min scream of my drag! Grab the rod and put it gear, allowing circle hook to settle and I'm off, doesn't feel like the right kind and with all the boats hunkered down over the north canyon I figure thresher! Fought this slow, steady tow for a couple minutes and pop, cut clean at the hook!

So we decide to troll back over the kelp and make a slow peddle in to call it for the day when my buddy hooks up on his first YT. The excitement gets me pumped again and I decide to troll around in front of the condo in 40-50ft of water por nada, except the slimy kind on a surface iron. Turning to head to the launch I'm super close to the seal beach swells, 15ft of water when boom, my line goes haywire! This dude ran at least 150yds before I had to turn and peddle to gain line as I was down to my spectra backing! After a little struggle in the kelp I finally get this little chunky 25lber to the yak! Ah final trip was a success!

PS not sure who that dude in the pic was but thank you sir for the bag of ice!!
Attached Images

NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
FISH11

Talking

Congrats on a nice Yellow, as your last memory. For a short while, we hope.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:32 AM   #3
Steve Max

Awesome catch and even better, your new member to your family. I'm curious to know how you were rigged? I see in the pictures you have two Scotty mounts? Two dropper loops? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
NICKWORN

No dropper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Max View Post
Awesome catch and even better, your new member to your family. I'm curious to know how you were rigged? I see in the pictures you have two Scotty mounts? Two dropper loops? Thanks

I was over the kelp Forrest in front of the condo, so dropper loop would be a tangle disaster for sure, I was flylinning over the top of the forest! Good luck brother!
Old 05-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
Steve Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
I was over the kelp Forrest in front of the condo, so dropper loop would be a tangle disaster for sure, I was flylinning over the top of the forest! Good luck brother!

Awesome man. Thanks for the reply. Congratulations once again.

Steve Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #6
OCPhisher

Nice! And congrats too on your second child!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OCPhisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:15 AM   #7
FullFlavorPike

15' of water you say? Shore diving spearo's dream right there!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:24 AM   #8
NICKWORN

Right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
15' of water you say? Shore diving spearo's dream right there!
Yea man, we were chasing boils in front of the condo, but had to turn back as those monster swells were breaking really close! turned north and headed in. It was funny cause my FF got all distorted with the depth being so shallow.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 AM   #9
Chuck D

next

Nice Nic,
Good luck with the new up and coming child! We just had our second daughter a couple weeks ago. Thought it would be months before I get out again, luckily I got out yesterday. Theres still chances Hang in there Dad.

Chuck
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:34 PM   #10
summers in kuwait

Nick,

Congrats on the fish, but more importantly the new addition to your family. The first one is easy, the second one... well it's a little more interesting, but so much fun. Mine will be 5 and 7 this summer and it's without a doubt the best part of my life and once things settle, you'll find time to sneak out.

Congrats again!
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:55 AM   #11
Deamon

Hey Nick-man...

I've raised a couple of girls...I'm thinking there can't be much of a difference between raising a girl from a boy, right? So...I'd like to offer up some free advice...a helpful suggestion...those shorts...your boys are not gonna want those shorts on down the road...so throw them out when you're over them. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Attached Images

"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:12 AM   #12
NICKWORN

**********DUDE***********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Hey Nick-man...

I've raised a couple of girls...I'm thinking there can't be much of a difference between raising a girl from a boy, right? So...I'd like to offer up some free advice...a helpful suggestion...those shorts...your boys are not gonna want those shorts on down the road...so throw them out when you're over them. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Those are my lucky shorts man, as you can always see!!! OK OK, I only have one other pair, but these seem to always catch fish man!! I'm not sure if its the urine infused scent from pissing into the mirage drive or infused protein farts, but man these things are fishy!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:29 AM   #13
octico

Funny how Jim only focuses on your shorts and not your fish. Wonder what he is looking for.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:41 AM   #14
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
Funny how Jim only focuses on your shorts and not your fish. Wonder what he is looking for.
Okay, it's on...add your arse to my hater list.
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #15
Aaron&Julie

Sweet, congrats on both of your catches, the yellow and your boy!
Old 05-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #16
LJ H2Oman
Hunter

Nick, sounds like it's time to buy the tandem. While the kids are small, you can take them both along and start teaching the next generation. Hopefully they'll eventually return the favor and take you out in future decades!

<"))))><

Hobie Revo 13 . . . not as sporting . . . but a welcome upgrade from my 1966 longboard!
LJ H2Oman is offline   Reply With Quote