Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #21
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrilla View Post
I'm sorry but !

What? you think the fat lady in the video life preserver vest on her is useless?

Do they even make life preserver vest for 300 pound guys?
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #22
MrPatrick

The scupper is more of an " advanced kayak" wet ride and you will be sitting in water
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #23
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

I am an ex college FB player 6'2" and 300lbs and I have been fishing in my OK Prowler Big Game for 8 years. I've never had any problems with it, I even have a 6 gallon live well on the back. Which can sometimes make it a wet ride when you get a swell or wake from the side. I practice self rescue regularly, and I suggest that you do as well, preferably in shallow warm waters like Mission Bay. My kayak will never be the fastest boat out there, but I'll sacrifice speed for stability any day. I can paddle from LJ shores out to kelp and down to bird rock and back without much problem. I've had the kayak out in every corner of the country, and I have been in 6 foot wind swell on Lake Superior, and big swell in the Pacific NW's cold waters. The new OK big game is even more comfy and it has a few more features than the 2006 model, but I'm not trading in anytime soon. Hope this helps!!
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #24
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Yup, I have several big guy life jackets, the one I wear right now is made by MTI and is a xxl and it fits great with even more room if need be
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote