Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #41
FISH11

Don't forget an extra cooler for all the extra food you'll need, you know for the munchies!
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #42
BigTunaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
I dont think its a good idea eating fresh seaweed like that. If you do make sure you clean it very very well. Trash and chemicals float on the surfce and guess where they anchor too. Also lots of lil sealife hangs around kelp too. Do know you want to ingest them either. Any seasickness pill night before and if you start felling it take a second. What works for me is beef jerky when I start feeling it.
Out of all comments, I was not going to try the seaweed one for sure. Sushi is the closest I will get to seaweed

I am going to take Dramamine/Bonnie pill the night before. Eat an apple and some crackers in the morning. I will also take some sun flower seeds and saltine crackers. I was also thinking to soak some ginger in a bottle of water and sip on it throughout the day. Look at the horizon and avoid long stares at the FF. Best of all, I will try to hook a yellowtail or a 30" Hali

Thank you all once again.
BigTunaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #43
oneyedeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTunaL View Post
Out of all comments, I was not going to try the seaweed one for sure. Sushi is the closest I will get to seaweed

I am going to take Dramamine/Bonnie pill the night before. Eat an apple and some crackers in the morning. I will also take some sun flower seeds and saltine crackers. I was also thinking to soak some ginger in a bottle of water and sip on it throughout the day. Look at the horizon and avoid long stares at the FF. Best of all, I will try to hook a yellowtail or a 30" Hali

Thank you all once again.
Yeah the last part always works the best
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #44
philr21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
My brother gets seasick something fierce, like even on a lake. Nothing ever worked for him until he tried one of these:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...&aparam=505303

They have them at a lot of places. Nice thing is you can use it even after you start feeling maggoty. Also, once you feel better you can take it off and give someone else some relief.
I always thought those were a gimmick, may be worth trying after all.

Same as the rest for me- dramamine the night before and morning of. If it's calm I don't need anything, but one day I should have taken it and didn't. Chumming from the kayak is not fun. I was worried I'd lean too far over to clear the kayak and roll.

I prefer the "Less drowsy" dramamine. Also the focusing on the horizon is solid. Even on fishing boats I can get queazy for a second if I focus down too much, rebaiting, tying on rigs, etc.

I also learned: limit alcohol the night before, and get a good nights rest. Makes a world of difference. For my wife- perfume is a no go.
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #45
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by philr21 View Post
I always thought those were a gimmick, may be worth trying after all.

Same as the rest for me- dramamine the night before and morning of. If it's calm I don't need anything, but one day I should have taken it and didn't. Chumming from the kayak is not fun. I was worried I'd lean too far over to clear the kayak and roll.

I prefer the "Less drowsy" dramamine. Also the focusing on the horizon is solid. Even on fishing boats I can get queazy for a second if I focus down too much, rebaiting, tying on rigs, etc.

I also learned: limit alcohol the night before, and get a good nights rest. Makes a world of difference. For my wife- perfume is a no go.

He swears by it. Nothing else has ever worked for him. Even if it is all mental, for him it works and is worth its weight in gold.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote