Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #21
StinkyMatt

Ice man, I've got to meet you, your chit is always funny!
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #22
Jimmyz123

Can't we all just get along?
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #23
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
My view of this site is that people who are new to Kayak fishing can bounce questions off those who have been doing it for years to gain knowledge. There are those out there that don't like to give up information because they feel they found a spot and don't want someone else to invade that spot.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. Some people like to share info others do not, and then there is always the question of what you can share.

My take is as long as you are not giving info on a bite in progress, gps numbers, or lobster stones, why not give what you can.

I've been fishing for a long time, and there comes a point where you realize there are no secret spots, that people have been fishing the same areas for decades. It's like Long Beach. That deep hole to the west of the north island has been there ever since the dredged it. It's not anything new.

It's weird how people act about these things on the web. BKR is a prime example. People have fished Big Kelp reef for hundreds if not thousands of years as the Indians used to fish there before the white man even came here. All the Private boaters at MDR know about it but accept for a few hard core they don't usually fish it because it's a long boat ride, but for a while if you even mentioned BKR online some of the Malibu Kayakers would blow there tops and act like you were going to somehow ruin the fishing there by letting the secret out of the bag.

So then the MLPA process comes around and these same guys are like: "Don't tell anyone about BKR" but of course the enviros knew it was there because of the persistent kelp and went after it anyway. So we eneded up with a situation where the enviros went after it and we could not mobilize enough support in the fishing community to stop them.

Yep BKR was such a well kept secret that soon we won't be able to fish it at all.

I guess it's all how you look at it but my attitude is share what you can, and if people don't like it they don't have to read it.

Hey half the time no-one listens anyway so it's usually not usually that big of a deal.... LOL

Just my take, Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
CurtyL

two words: HAARP

google it
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #25
ericko

Im glad i could help you boys with this fight...and talk about counts i dont remember his name but he always says"thanks for sharing" and that's it...i think we need to call DR PHIL to see if there is any hope for you boys..hahahah

i dont think so maybe ill fish with you both but on separate days

peace out
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #26
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Check out my post count beeyatches!
cheater, I saw that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Ice man, I've got to meet you, your chit is always funny!
OEX sunset beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios View Post
thanks for sharing, but you could use some more posts
what is the min? I may have to start a few BS posts asap

BTW i cant believe this post is still open... kinda becoming BDish. if the format changes I might actually have to go and fish.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #27
f'nsabiki

HEY!!! lets not forget that BWE is all about fishing---

and the occasional

four years and I'm already upto 18 posts!!!

Last edited by f'nsabiki; 01-21-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: info
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #28
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

f'nsabiki i dont think your post count is high enough to post photos...

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
roby
CEO of Team Roby

www.bloodykayakdecks.com
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #30
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby View Post

nice job now the secret spot is out

i'm subscribing so that i can get my post count up....

Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #31
bubblehide

One last thing. IMO, I see no reason for the moderators to edit/remove... anything in either of these two related threads.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM   #32
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
IMO, I see no reason for the moderators to edit/remove, anything in either of these two related threads.
You know Gary in all fairness, though I get the idea that a poster should be held accountable for what he says, ultimately it's the moderators job to clean things up when people get out of line.

It's Friday night obviously someone got drunk and said some stupid things that were way way out of line. Shake it off, consider the timing and the source and don't let it get to you.

The mods are just doing their job.

Hey look at the bright side at least you saw it before it got pulled , so now know exactly the type of person your dealing with. I mean I hate to tell you that I told you so but I warned you that if you stepped in, that something like this was likely to happen.

Choose your battles, don't sweat the small stuff. Ultimately what we all have in common is fishing.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 01-21-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #33
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
You know Gary in all fairness, though I get the idea that a poster should be held accountable for what he says, ultimately it's the moderators job to clean things up when people get out of line.

It's Friday night obviously someone got drunk and said some stupid things that were way way out of line. Shake it off, consider the source and don't let it get to you.

The mods are just doing their job.

Hey look at the bright side at least you saw it before it got pulled , so now know exactly the type of person your dealing with. I mean I hate to tell you that I told you so but I warned you that if you stepped in, that something like this was likely to happen.

Choose your battles, don't sweat the small stuff. Ultimately what we all have in common is fishing.

Jim

Perhaps someone did get drunk; but from my professional perspective, that state only brings out the real person, their true thoughts, feelings, and emotions. I was simply being completely honest in my reply; something I felt was necessary, considering the point it was taken to.

And I am serious, I see no need for the mods to take any action; there is no complaint from me at all. Now that is just my opinion, I am fully aware that others may not agree, and in such a case, it may be necessary for the Mods to step in. If so, I won't have any issues in them doing so.

Yes, you did mention something a while back; but as I said, I'm not one to hold my tong when I see such flagrant defamatory post, that simply pose no benefit to the board or anyone, but for the self serving purpose.

No worries, I don't sweat the small stuff, and I'm certainly not sweating this.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #34
bubblehide

Sober

Looks like someone sobered up a bit.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #35
bigbarrels

:s pam:
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #36
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post

Where? I'm a bit hungry
Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #37
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post

Well, with Don's posts being deleted, with the exception of my last 4 posts, there's nothing more worth reading.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 AM   #38
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
Well, with Don's posts being deleted, with the exception of my last 4 posts, there's nothing more worth reading.

Well, with Don's posts/rant being removed (not at my request), it leaves this thread completely out of context and pointless. I could repost Don's posts/rant, but I presume someone requested them removed, unless the moderators thought them just much to far over the top. Either way it simply would be inappropriate for me to re-post what Don had written.

Over and out.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:31 AM   #39
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios View Post
nothing to see here folks.... keep moving

just working on my post count

You been hanging out with Jzo?
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #40
FISHIONADO

I'm stuck in a Chinese airport with nothing to read in English, please don't stop now! I'm thinking we can turn this into a reality TV show. We'll call it "Panty Wipes all Bunched Up". I crack myself up...
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote