Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
landwhale

HH Bugz and Reebs

Hit the Harbor this morning just before the incoming tide. Paddled down to the Bridge area, the wind was blowing on shore about 10 mph. Set up a drift and got this nice spottie on the Reebs coated in Uni Butter

Paddled back to the Bridge for the next drift and threw out my new Bugz Spottie bait with Uni Butter and landed this spottie.

Caught 2 more bass a nice sandie and spottie the camera said low bat so no pics, then headed up the channel toward the Simple Green building throwing the Buz and Butter when I got hammered by another spot covered fish. This one fought alot harder and when I got it to the kayak it was a legal halibut and I didn't have a gaff. The current was headed up the harbor so I loosened the drag and rode the current all the way to where Sea Bridge park is and on the ocean side of the channel is a small beach area. Landed the kayak and gently landed the halibut and found the camera had recharged enough to take a couple of pic and released it.

As you can see the Bugz Bait was hooked in the corner of the mouth and even the 10lb line held up. What a nice 2 1/2 hours on hte water

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Talk about a long distance call for a gaff, sorry I culd not paddle down to help out. That is a good one! on the "Spottie Special" ??? (oh a Reebs on the Bugz jig)you forgot to mention where you got those shwwweet Bugz.......at $4 for 1/2 and $5 for 3/4 oz........in all the available color combos........they are flyin' off the shelf!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
NextBite

nice report Steve