Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
C.W.C.
Salt

Mission Bay Spotty Report 01/11/16

Mission Bay Report: Monday January 11th, 2016.

Variable low sixties water temps slightly up from the storms and rains.
Clarity was actually pretty good & not too stained as days prior. The Spotty action had been slow at best with the past cold fronts. Monday was hopefully a better sign for us, if my torn up thumb wasn’t a good enough indicator! There wasn’t a warm up of appetite with the tides, but steady bites into the flood & well after Mission drained. High was @ 9:37am @ 6.4’. I found working the 7’-12’ transitional crown sections highly productive vs flats and beds, without the need to even hit the pilings for a round, as the bite didn’t die off. Sightfishing mostly out of the Hobie PA 12’ using the wind at my back & the tidal flow to bring me through the zone silently while ripping my offering. Typically I will change patterns up throughout the days conditions, but yesterday I kept on workin’ the same 1oz Project Z ChatterBait & Razor ShadZ trailer for the whole days session. Finally decided to upgrade my reel & was amazed at the difference Boca Bearings ceramics make compared to the stock ones!? Night & day difference. How long they last in comparison, is something I will have to get back to you on..Pitching plastics is my thing in case you haven’t noticed yet, so I decided to throw a new swimbait yesterday.
The RaZor ShadZ. 4.5” in Redbone Glow crazy ElaZtech action. Three segmented sections with four body pieces. ProCure for stink. It equated to a thirty fish + day with a couple good ones thrown in the mix! All Spottys. No bycatch. Lost two good ones ‘again’ due to letting my guard down daydreaming upon retrievals.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
C.W.C.
Salt

Always Watch In HD

Old 01-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
C.W.C.
Salt

Always Watch In HD

Old 01-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
miteofthesun

Way to go! You found yourself some nice fish.

Thanks for cleaning up while you were out there. I grab everything I can while I'm out on the water. There has been a lot of trash after the recent storm.
miteofthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM   #5
Harry Hill

nice fish, they weren't hitting the chatterbait for me today, water was 57 to 58, I was fishing around Mission Point. Lots of tumbleweeds in the water and on the shore. Most of the fish I caught today were in the 10" to 12" range trolling a plug in about 10 to 12 feet of water.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #6
King Saba

Good man, the trash can probably got washed out there during high tide.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #7
WARRIORMIKE

Good job for sure
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #8
Sully1

Another epic post Wade.

It's a shame about the Mission Bay 100,000 gallon + sewage spill. . . . http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...365364491.html
Old 01-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1 View Post
Another epic post Wade.

It's a shame about the Mission Bay 100,000 gallon + sewage spill. . . . http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...365364491.html
I was fishing by Mission Point, no signs down there, I wonder how long it will take for the bay to clean itself out?
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:57 AM   #10
blitzburgh

Very cool Wade