Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #61
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
Ya that was me. Bummed I didn't get out. Happy though that I was the last one so there should be no video footage
Dont worry i was watching you the whole time...i saw you going backwards!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #62
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
I have never caused a tangle of my fault, I have always been a victim of careless fishermen not respecting my 500 yds of personal fishing space.

Stay back!

I'll cut you!
just fyi:

if MATT GETS TANGLED WITH YOU, GET HIS LINE OUT FIRST AND CUT IT BEFORE HE CUTS YOURS

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #63
wiredantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
Seriously if the wind is good, try paddling to 39.8 16.5 then fish the general area straight due west to 17.0 and also straight south to 39.0. At times that area is loaded with fish, just meter around an look for big meter marks. Boat guys usually don't hit it much because they've got some great spots further down towards the shoe. It's something like 6 or 7 miles from the beach defiantly kayakable. I've fished that area solo from my sit inside, so you could do it with peddles no problem.

.... and Yes the south part is called the dump, so straight from the sewer into the dump
thats a nice 14 mile day!....

that and keeping you in place to fish add another 2-3 miles....

my arms hurt just thinking about it.....

You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
Old 12-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #64
StinkyMatt

Frank, mere mortals lie you and I could never of navigating elite class sit inside craft 14 miles, finding hidden structure, loading up on very large fish and returning safely back to shore.

Jim, thanks for sharing the spot.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #65
wiredantz

what ever happened to fishing point dume and just going 2-3 miles , or fishing redondo canyon for small little fish that the sport boat always gets....

o yeah i forgot--- the fish are SOLD OUT

now we have to go 13-16 miles for a nice rock fish spot.... let me do the math here...
x-factor velocity--- 2 miles per hours cruise speed.....

7 houRS just to get to your spot....

even on a hobie: 4 mph cruise speed thats a 3.5 hour peddle

i have one thing to say about this...

">

Old 12-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #66
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Yesterday we solved an age old mystery........Bus Kid does in fact fish
The word fishing implies the chance of failure, I go killing. Thanks to Matt for the Santa it made the ride home fantastic.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #67
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Jim, thanks for sharing the spot.

"The Flemish cap. Went there, '62. Lots of fish... and lots of weather. Hurricanes, squalls, huge seas..."
Quinton, Perfect Storm.

Hey what can I say: not many will go the distance and boats usually head further south. I probably paddle just as far fishing La Jolla half the time.

The dump is where they dumped all the stuff they dug out of the harbor when they dredged it. All the old timers know about it. It's even marked on the charts. This was back in the days before GPS so there is a ton of junk scattered all the way from the breakwater out to that location. An old timer told me they used to just head out until they were out of site then dump anywhere. It sounds like a long trip but I usually just watch the meter and drop on anything that looks interesting, and there are a ton of rock and structure along the way, boats never hit that small stuff, so there's a chance to hit some big fish.

Once you get out there though it can be pretty epic though just in numbers. I've seen my meter just filled with Rockfish where you couldn't even get an Iron to the bottom.

Just watch the wind.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 12-24-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #68
JohnnyCope
The Four-Finger discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
The word fishing implies the chance of failure, I go killing. Thanks to Matt for the Santa it made the ride home fantastic.
Yes killing has a better ring to it !
JohnnyCope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #69
Deamon

Yes, I'm a kill kayak as well, except my fish looked 2-3 times larger than those in Tony's pictures, word.

I'm at fault on ALL of the tangles that I was involved in. Turbo fin rod broke early on. Trying to stay on Jorge's rock while paddling around in a breeze and current is a beatch. I respect all paddler's much more for your...commitment to the real sport. Sore in different places today.

Well worth the trip to hang with you guys. Mom's happy she got some Reds. Mirage drive's already fixed for Saturday ($40 in parts, dang it).

Tony, my mom's kamma (salmon & hamachi) are killer. Daicon in one bowl, green onions & ginger in the other, heaven. PM me your method, I'll have to try some Reds soon.

Next time on Matt's Ling spot!

Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #70
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Yes, I'm a kill kayak as well, except my fish looked 2-3 times larger than those in Tony's pictures, word.

I'm at fault on ALL of the tangles that I was involved in. Turbo fin rod broke early on. Trying to stay on Jorge's rock while paddling around in a breeze and current is a beatch. I respect all paddler's much more for your...commitment to the real sport. Sore in different places today.

Well worth the trip to hang with you guys. Mom's happy she got some Reds. Mirage drive's already fixed for Saturday ($40 in parts, dang it).

Tony, my mom's kamma (salmon & hamachi) are killer. Daicon in one bowl, green onions & ginger in the other, heaven. PM me your method, I'll have to try some Reds soon.

Next time on Matt's Ling spot!

Jim
Glad you came out and had a good time! Didnt know your drive broke.......

3 times larger...? Really? I think jorge and matt are rubbing off on ya!

"You'll get a shitload of fish. I've gone out before and motored back with so much stock little boys like you had to pack it on the pier. I always find the fish, always! And I will this time. So don't fuck with me!"

Capt Jim Day.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #71
JohnnyCope
The Four-Finger discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Glad you came out and had a good time! Didnt know your drive broke.......

3 times larger...? Really? I think jorge and matt are rubbing off on ya!

"You'll get a shitload of fish. I've gone out before and motored back with so much stock little boys like you had to pack it on the pier. I always find the fish, always! And I will this time. So don't fuck with me!"

Capt Jim Day.
Thanks for the gifts !
JohnnyCope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #72
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

That sucks i missed out on this one ! Glad you guys had fun though ill be sure to have a ride next time. And btw, does rockfish season really close on the 31st?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #73
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post

Capt Jim Day.
"Oh good Juno what cac you speak?"
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #74
jorluivil

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #75
maui jim

That goat has the same sexy smile as Candy

Need to put a wig on that fish......