Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #21
mpc

Is that fairly common to have to wrestle your fish from a sea lion at LA Jolla? I will surely end up in the drink if that happens to me.
mpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:52 PM   #22
FARRIER

I watched the same thing happen last week too. Seems like it knows the kelp is its friend. Its a shame we cant...... you get the idea.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #23
JeffB

Nicely done!
Old 05-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #24
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakfisherman View Post
Hey Mark,

What a day! Congrats on those two beautiful fish. Gabe and I couldn't stop talking about your fish all the way home!

Although you took off before Gabe and I, just like you, we were stuck trying to get bait. Frustrating!! Bait popping all over the place, but, not biting. My frustrations continued thru out the day. I put myself in the right place, at the right time, but no takers. With boiling fishing all around me, my heart was pounding for most the day!

look at those yellowtails blow up in the background!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #25
FISH11

TJones that really sucks loosing your Tady 45 especially before landing any fish with it. I hate those seals and wish there was a bounty on them lazy pieces of Sh*t. They are starting to be a real pain again maybe it's the increase in personal and half day boats out there now. I had several large ones steal my bait and a very large one came up and took my green back mac 1.5 feet from the side of me while I was trying to untangle the braid from around the end of my fishing pole. It was provably 250+ lbs and I didn't even see it till it was taking the mac right on the surface. Good thing he didn't take the hook or he would have rolled me.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #26
FISH11

Driftwood the picture you re-posted is almost the exact spot I caught both Yellows at.