Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
gear junkie

Bell..you talking about oki or japan? I've never been fishing japan. In oki, there's a good place right by american village...2 story, blue, got a tidal wave on top, by the blueberry cafe. It's within walking distance of foster. Also a bigger one on the backside going to white beach. I learned landmarks, never names so I'm no good there. The one on the way to white beach is green and by the mall.
gear junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #22
philr21

Bell's talking about Yokosuka, where I'm stationed in mainland Japan.

Marukatsu was nice, I did spend a lot of money there too. Tackleberry replaced the aquarium store that was in Daie. I spend most of my money at Joshuya though, down 16 next to the road tax office. Casting just opened a new store in Isogo that's pretty huge, about 4 times the size Marukatsu used to be.
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #23
belloscm
belloscm

Thanks. I'll ask my wife about these shops and have her check them out when she next visits Japan. I always send her with a shopping list.
"Casting just opened a new store...about 4 times the size Marukatsu used to be." That would be huge; lots of quality gear, I assume?

I've had been looking at the Conquest series for a while, my only concern being servicing here in the U.S. I have a couple of Z series Saltigas (Japan only) that have required factory only maintenance. I guess that's the price of having high quality gear.

Btw, any other kayak fishermen in Yoko? I was all by myself 10 years ago, and that included the Japanese. Even my SOT kayak was something of a novelty at the time.

I look forward to your next Tokyo Bay fishing report.

Last edited by belloscm; 04-25-2013 at 03:28 AM.
belloscm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #24
philr21

While I'm here, if you need anything let me know. I have Paypal and can hook it up.

Only kayak fisherman I know of in Yoko. Have a couple expat friends that I go out with sometimes, but usually solo.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #25
belloscm
belloscm

Tokyo Bay Sharks

Thanks for the offer; I'll review my Japanese tackle needs. You just might be hearing from me.

How do you like that AT Fishstix paddle? I use one on my Tarpon 160 (love it), but use something with a fuller blade (Werner CoryVrecken) on my S14 (same hull as the X-F).

Cheers!
belloscm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #26
philr21

Quote:
Originally Posted by belloscm View Post
Thanks for the offer; I'll review my Japanese tackle needs. You just might be hearing from me.

How do you like that AT Fishstix paddle? I use one on my Tarpon 160 (love it), but use something with a fuller blade (Werner CoryVrecken) on my S14 (same hull as the X-F).

Cheers!
Have only had two paddles. The first was the Bending Branches $99 kind. This one is much nicer, but I think you probably have the better concept going. This one gave me a really bad case of tendonitus trying to get back to the beach one day when the wind picked up. Easy to use and lightweight, but can really be a pain when the wind picks up.

I'm digging being able to pedal on the Hobie.