Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: so which would you want if you were in my shoes?
Package A = HDS 5 19 59.38%
Package B = Curado 200, GoPro, and tinted windows 13 40.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #21
lterrero
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Nic
get the HDS

and get the other stuff latter...when shes not looking...

P.S
never let on to how much this fishing hobby actually cost us... Never
I'm with you Bellcon, good thinking...
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
-scallywag-
Banned

Ditch the wife and take A, B....and C.

It sounds like you already have more bass gear than you really NEED, so go with the HDS, but don't pay 750....make sure you price match and get the US base map version (about 100-200 cheaper)....I've checked out the Insight vs. US basemaps and they are virtually identical for kayak fishing except the insight has some background shadows/color and the batho-lines. Although the batho-lines don't even really cover the that area most people fish in LJ. The Insight maps have a ton more options, but they are pretty much useless on the yak.

Use the extra skrilla to get the Go-pro and....
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #23
Nic D

The tribe has spoken. I will be asking for a new fish finder for my birthday. Now which one do I get the HDS-5 or the HDS-5x?

I wouldn't mind getting the 5 and having GPS built in....

thoughts?
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #24
StinkyMatt

They ONLY come WITH the built in GPS! Don't even say there is a non-gps option. Actually, the cheaper model and the non-gps model were both RECALLED due to fire risk!

"You wouldn't want me to catch on fire out there with the gift YOU bought me? Would you Honey?"
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios View Post
so the wifey asks me what I want for my birthday and without skipping a beat I say a $750 fish finder. She reply's with "then thats the only thing you're getting"
Arghhh, should have said $1000 fish finder

I would go B
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Nic
get the HDS

and get the other stuff latter...when shes not looking...

P.S
never let on to how much this fishing hobby actually cost us... Never

I like bellcon idea, and no one ever let the wife know how much these things cost!!!
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #27
Nic D

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
They ONLY come WITH the built in GPS! Don't even say there is a non-gps option. Actually, the cheaper model and the non-gps model were both RECALLED due to fire risk!

"You wouldn't want me to catch on fire out there with the gift YOU bought me? Would you Honey?"
awesome
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #28
Handymansd
Ancient Member

I just have to weigh in here...
I married a bartender 12 years ago, she is now a very successful litigation attorney who entirely supports my fishing habit with gusto. I went to Cabo 3 times this last year, PV once, and I fish locally from three different platforms, Hobie kayak, 23' Parker sport Cabin, and an 18' Parker CC. My collection of avets and black steels are nothing to complain about... I tell you all this to lay the ground work for explaining my answer to you...

1) Bellcon was right, NEVER, NEVER let on how expensive your sport really is...

2) The proper approach must be taken when "handling" Wives...

Take your B-day money and secretly buy your wife a full day at an expensive luxury spa, followed by a romantic evening with diner at her favorite high end eatery (not the Olive Garden guys). While she is at the spa run up to the flower wholesalers in Carlsbad and bribe the guy at the cashier, and you can get an entire bucket of long stemmed red roses for like $30. Deliver 12 to her workplace the next day and take the rest and put them on her car, in her car, in the entryway of the home, up the stairs, in the bathtub, on the bed, you get the idea! Make everything you do for 48 hours about her. Then over Coffee, ask her about a new FF, HD GO Pro, or a 23' Parker Sport Cabin...

3) OPTIONAL- Take the money you save on roses, run down to see Joey at Squidco and get that reel!

You will score all the things on your list, and more, and for penny's on the dollar return! And there are usually some nice fringe benefits as well!

Just Sayin...

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote