Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2024, 03:31 PM   #1
Mahigeer

Sterns Wharf 05/29-30/2024

It had been almost (6) six years since I was at the Stearns Wharf in Santa Barbra on the way to
spend a night in the Danish town of Solvang (sunny valley).

I forgot to take my usual Nikon camera and have not figured out how post online from my cell phone.
Thus, the pictures below are from the past outings.

1-When I checked the YouTube for fishing information about the Wharf, I was surprised to see the
railing around the Warf. Being a commercial Wharf in the past, there was no railing.
I suppose the large logs were put later to make it a slightly safer place.
I was concerned of falling in the water by accident, but there was a ladder to climb up from the water.

There is now a railing all around the Wharf/pier. Much safer for everyone.

2-I like to set up this "show and tell" container for the tourist and especially the kids.

3- I keep my catch in there live and release them before going home. I have the kids touch the fish or
crabs and answer questions.

There were lot of mackerel (both Pacific Chub and Spanish) that being caught by anglers.
Some were more successful than others.
I fished there for two days and caught some red rock crabs too. All given to my neighbor.

It was a nice trip and being a weekday, no issues with traffic or parking space. Weather was nice too.

THE END

Last edited by Mahigeer; 06-02-2024 at 02:29 PM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 06:39 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

To post photos from your phone, take the charger cord and plug it into your computer from the phone to an open USB receptacle. With a Samsung, the phone will be seen on on your computer menu as if it were another USB drive. Look in the DCIM menu for your photos. If the phone is not unlocked when you plug it in you will see nothing. The phone must be unlocked to access the contents.

Google is trying to sell cloud space so they make it a little harder to do. There are YouTube videos that take you through the steps. If you have issues with any other make of phone, YouTube most likely has a video to show you how to do it.

It looks like your pier trips inspire youth interest in marine life. With so few posts on the forum these days I don't think anyone is going to minds seeing these pier trips. Thanks.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 07:02 AM   #3
Mahigeer

Thank you for your help and kind words.

I have an IPhone 14. I tried to upload in the past. Some of pictures would look like getting uploaded, then there would be a lot of same pictures of what I cannot say it is shows up. Like 20 or so.

I use Picasa3 for uploading and do not have issues with my Nikon camera.

However, I used to be able to get an [img] code in Picasa3 so I could post them with my report.
That changed, but thanks to a member here who maintains a site, I am able to get the code.
Even there recently an issue has risen that was not there before, but it seems to work.
Old 06-02-2024, 03:22 PM   #4
JohnMckroidJr

Youtube assistance

Hopefully this will be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyqOuRKc2QI
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 09:07 PM   #5
Mahigeer

Thanks.

I will look into it.