Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2022, 02:02 AM   #21
shughes
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
I have very limited fishing time on Bull reds, and when I did, it was 36-inch Reds with a bait caster and 20lb test. That said, the RCKJB 700-250 is probably a little too heavy, unless you are in a situation where you need the heavier line ratings to stop the fish from cutting you off. I use mine to yank big Amberjacks off the wrecks. It just so happens, I caught this one on it today. The rod is on the left side of the photo.

appreciate the insights. i have a RCKJB 700-112 blank on the way. Actually got a RCLB70L in last week but just think the action is going to be too fast. Even if I cut the RCLB down a bit the fulcrum point is still to far up rod for my tastes. I concur with you on the having the bend point closer to mid rod to make it easier on back and prolonged fight. I do have a RCLB70XL that I like but that one bends down farther due to lighter action.
shughes is offline   Reply With Quote