Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
Deamon

Let's settle this old school way...bring your jig sticks down to LJ along with your favorite iron and go at it. I'm pretty sure I can take some mofo's out. Saturday morning, sunrise? Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Let's settle this old school way...bring your jig sticks down to LJ along with your favorite iron and go at it. I'm pretty sure I can take some mofo's out. Saturday morning, sunrise? Jim
LOL!! way to funny Jim, had me belly up laughing.

Ok lets do this. I got Greg trompas on my team. who you got?
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #3
ful-rac
Emperor

I got this guy!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

I always pick up trash while out on the water or at the launch, just something I do, never felt I needed to get credit for it. I think that people who are lazy and liter are indeed Effing A-Holes... However I think that some of this could be blamed on the Seagulls, the trash cans around LJ Shores are stuffed by Sunday afternoon and the seagulls are nice enough to de-stuff them on Monday morning and spread garbage all over the beach. If you actually SEE someone leave there garbage on the beach feel free to call them out, but don't always assume the worst in people, pick up the trash and throw it away... Just my two cents

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

And this guy....

Old 02-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #6
Chuck D

Thank you for bringing this up! I pick up other peoples trash every time I go out there and I think if we all help it can make a difference. Please don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution yakkers.
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
summers in kuwait

On this topic...

Would anybody be interested in organizing/supporting a La Jolla beach cleanup?
I always pick up trash as I believe most of us do, but I think it might be cool to put together a cleanup supported by the kayak fishing community.
OEX, BWE and HOW any interest? I'd be happy to help support too.
summers in kuwait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #8
maquinapescado

Of the un-photographed trash:

About 30 yards of mono attached to about ten feet of braid. Had a terrible looking uni-knot I might add.

One tangled sabiki.

Empty Owner Aki Twist 5/0 package

And a cigar butt...................Jim lol

I would love to know it was seagulls but the fact of the matter is, some of it is most definitely not.

As far as your jig contest goes Jim. I'd lose. In fear of having a casting battle on the water and from recent on the water shootings, I just started bringing my mako gaff, a.k.a. .357
Old 02-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #9
ctfphoto

You want to see fishing trash .... go to any lake in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

Trash Sucks
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #10
WARRIORMIKE

Office Etiquette

So in my office if someone leaves trash out after their lunch break, I generally throw it out for them. I don't believe in calling them out, or get them out of their cubicle and tell them to pick up their trash. Not my style.

However I have a co-worker that at any opportunity he is glad to call people out. For trash, or really anything.

Point is, there will always be the yin-yang of things. Unfortunately just the way life is .
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #11
jorluivil

here's what I picked up over the last few months

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #12
Flyak13

So there was a time a few years ago that I regarded kayak fisherman as a bad ass breed of fisherman, you are your own captain, surf launch and landing, catching big fish in a tiny boat half the time all by yourself, what the heck happened ? A bunch of whiny little girls , complaining about having to pick up trash, , complaining about private boaters, complaining about the fish not biting , complaining about turning in wsb heads when you've caught ONE your entire life, shut the fuck up , go fuxking fishing and stop being a bunch of pussies on the Internet, And this goes Out to that jackass too that sits on his computer staring at the launch cam then tries to blast about a wide open bite because some guys took pics with some fish, GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF PANZIES and go fishing !
Flyak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #13
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyak13 View Post
So there was a time a few years ago that I regarded kayak fisherman as a bad ass breed of fisherman, you are your own captain, surf launch and landing, catching big fish in a tiny boat half the time all by yourself, what the heck happened ? A bunch of whiny little girls , complaining about having to pick up trash, , complaining about private boaters, complaining about the fish not biting , complaining about turning in wsb heads when you've caught ONE your entire life, shut the fuck up , go fuxking fishing and stop being a bunch of pussies on the Internet, And this goes Out to that jackass too that sits on his computer staring at the launch cam then tries to blast about a wide open bite because some guys took pics with some fish, GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF PANZIES and go fishing !

via GIPHY

Old 02-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #14
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyak13 View Post
Please don't thread jack --F-----g Pussies should be in seperate thread from F-----g A------s
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #15
radastaff

shitin in your own bed

I have noticed the trash factor has been getting worse,
everywhere, these last few years.

not just at the beach

3rd world we are becoming

brings a tear to my eye
just like the Italian "Indian" in that 70's commercial

P

Last edited by radastaff; 02-10-2016 at 09:31 PM.
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote