Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
TJones

excellent bus

lowrance actually sells the bracket that you made . the only negative is i need the scupper for hobie tank . so this idea is not what i want . i did do a similar mount with the hummingbird transducer . i used the forward seat drain scupper . if i took a wave on the launch i would not drain out as fast which was not good . thanks for suggestions .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
TJones

what i was looking for was

using one of those plastic snap together lunch boxes . cut out bottom section and glue to kayak . mount trans to top of box . put water in box and snap top on . anyone have pictures of this ?
Old 07-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
lowrance actually sells the bracket that you made . the only negative is i need the scupper for hobie tank . so this idea is not what i want . i did do a similar mount with the hummingbird transducer . i used the forward seat drain scupper . if i took a wave on the launch i would not drain out as fast which was not good . thanks for suggestions .
The humminbird mount I used to have on my trident almost sunk my yak first time launching with it. Didn't let that side of the foot well drain and it all flooded in threw the rod pod. By the time I got past the surf which took longer than normal (probably due to the water flooding in the yak) I only had a couple inches of air in the hull before it would have gone down. Good concept in the mount but bad design since it plugs the scupper....
All is good now though. Have a x factor with a thru hull flush mount transducer

Last edited by danjor; 07-11-2013 at 07:17 PM.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
TJones

The hobie

Has two small scupper holes to drain the seat area. Negating one of them by plugging it up with wire is not a great idea. You're experience sounds pretty hairy.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
I looked at the lowerance but didnt like the plastic rod and the donut in the scupper to keep it aligined.Mine drains 100 times better then the lowerance as I didnt use a "dount" inside the scupper like the lowrance does. The bracket I made has a angle in it that maintains the alignment. I have been using a hobie live well and doing surf launches for about 2 months now no issues with it to date.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote