Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Whizz Bang

Opening

Met up with DeepDvr around 1040pm at the launch. When I arrived there were a few guys already headed out, and I watched them launch. A couple of the guys seemed to linger in the surf zone and I thought I was going to have to get wet early lending a hand with the aftermath, but they all made it out. It was a shore break with a very short interval, completely manageable but unavoidably sloppy.

As we set up I could not help but notice that DeepDvr has a well thought out contraption that keeps his gear in order. Myself, I look like a gypsy with $hit hanging off everywhere. Definitely something I am going to have to replicate if I dont want to start losing gear in the zone.

It was a good night on the water, not too crowded and the bioluminescence was insane. It took us awhile to find a productive area, but the persistence paid off. Our spot continued to produce throughout the night until a territorial dog showed up that began harassing both us and our pots effectively shutting us down in that area. We hung till around 4am before calling it. I managed 6 keepers with one notable big boy. I was using salmon heads and DeepDvr's cryogenically preserved mackerel. The combo was effective.

DFG was on hand to welcome us when we landed. Make sure you guys measure twice and fill out the pertinent info ahead of time, he was ticketing another yakker when we landed.

Below are a few pics from today....

Name:  391.jpg
Views: 1529
Size:  94.5 KB

This was the biggest of the bunch.

Name:  395.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  36.3 KB

Lobster stuffed Baby Bella with Watercress Beurre Blanc.

Name:  398.jpg
Views: 1516
Size:  36.9 KB

Eggplant Timbale with goat cheese and heirloom tomatoes

Name:  404.jpg
Views: 1510
Size:  70.9 KB

Grilled lobster with chive sauce and 4 pepper salsa.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote